Chapter 20

Katniss' POV
The train ride home was kinda rough. I got sick almost every hour and couldn't get comfy. I'm so blessed to have Peeta because he stayed awake with me and helped me through the whole train ride. As we got home Willow ran up to her room and Peeta and I sat on the couch. We were watching tv when I realized we needed to tell everyone about the pregnancy. "Peeta we need to tell Willow and our family and friends." I say. "If you want to tell everyone now we can." He smiles as he get up to get Willow.
•••
Peeta carries her down and sets her next to me. "Daddy said you had something to tell me." Willow says. "What is it mommy?" I pull her onto my lap and started to talk about when she was a baby. She laughed at my stories which made me smile. "Now Willow, daddy told me you wanted a baby brother or sister." I say. Her eyes widen and she soon smiles. "Yes mommy I really do I'd protect and love the baby so much." She smiles. "Well Willow, daddy and I have some news." I say. "You are going to be a big sister!" I shout. Willow jump out of my lap and jumps on the couch. "Really?! A baby of my own!" She squeals. "Yes, he or she is in mommy's belly." Peeta explains. Willow lifts up my shirt and kisses my stomach. "I can't wait to meet you." She says. It really did melt my heart. I was so happy that I could make Willow's wish come true. "Want to go tell everyone?" I ask her. "Yeah!" She screams as she runs to put her shoes on. Peeta helps me up and pulls me into a hug. "I love you so much." I tell him as he kisses my cheek. "Impossible." He smirks as we leave our house.
•••
We told everyone the news and everyone was so excited for us. By the time we got back to our house Willow was fast asleep in Peeta's arms. Peeta lays Willow down on her bed and I hear something I've never heard before. Peeta was singing the Valley Song to her. He's never sang in front of me nor have I heard his voice while he sang in grade school. I walk up the steps and stand in the doorway. As he restarted the song I sung with him. I startled him which caused him to stop but I continued to sing the song. Peeta quickly sung it again with me and we left Willow's room. As we get into our bed I look over to Peeta a just give him the biggest smile. "Why are you super happy all of a sudden?" He smiles as he takes off his shirt. "I didn't know you could sing and I didn't know you knew all the words to the Valley Song." I laugh. Peeta climbs in bed and wraps his arms around me. "You know why I never sang around you?" He asks with a smile. "Why?" I ask. "Well ever since you sang the Valley Song in class I knew that's when I fell in love with you. You came into class with two braids instead of one and a red and white checkered dress. My dad previously told me about this woman who couldn't make a decision on who she loved. It was between a rich baker or a mine worker. One day she found the mine worker singing. Everything stopped to listen even the birds. That's when she knew she was a goner. I never really knew what he meant but when you sang the Valley Song in class that one day everyone stopped and listened, even the birds. And I knew just like the woman my dad explained to me, I was a goner." He says with a smile. "And ever since that day you sang the Valley Song and The Hanging Tree I knew I never wanted to hear anyone's voice with that song other than you." He states. I had no words. All I could do was smile. "Oh Peeta." I finally get out. He just smiles at me.
•••