Chapter 8

I was sitting in the meadow listening to the sounds of the mockingjays. It was peacefully and it just made me so happy. As I look over towards the willow tree I can see something that brought tears to my eyes. It was Prim and Rue.
•••
They both spot me and run towards me embracing me with a hug. "Katniss!" They both say. "I've missed you both so much!" I cry out. "We missed you too Katniss!" Rue says as she wipes my tears away. "Guess what?!" Asked Rue. "What?" I ask. "Cato and Clive got married, Finnick got to see Mags who can now talk to him, and I got to meet your father!" She squeals. "Prim introduced me. He's such a nice guy." "He always was." I cry. After Rue finished talking to me my little duck walked up. "Don't cry." She says. "I'm ok, I'm safe now with dad."  "It's all my fault." I cry. "I should've just ran and saved you." Before I can say anything else Prim cuts me off. "It's not your fault Katniss. It was President Coin. Look at me." She says as I make eye contact to her. "Things happen for a reason. God knew it was my time. He brought me here where all our friends and family are. I finally got to see dad! He was so happy to see me. He would've came but he had to work in the mines. He told me to tell you he loves you and misses you very much. And he is also proud you picked the right boy that treats you well." I don't say anything I just hug my little duck tightly. "I wish you were still here little duck. You would've seen me and Peeta get married and you would be here to see our baby." I cry as I touch my stomach. "I'm always here Katniss." She says as she points to my heart. "Me, dad, Rue, and Finnick are right here. You may not see us all the time but we are always watching over you." "I love you Prim." I say. "I love you too." She says as her and Rue both fade away. "We are with you Katniss! Always!" They both say as they disappear.
•••
I jump up from the bed and alarm Peeta. "What's wrong?! Is it the baby?! " He asks. "No." I say with tears in my eyes. "Nightmare?" He asks again. "No. I got to see them." I say. "See who?" Peeta asked. "Prim and Rue." I cry. Peeta embraces me in a hug. I look up to see him smile at me. "Glad you got to see them." He says as he kisses my head. "Try to go back to sleep it's really late. You can tell me about it tomorrow." He states as he lays me back down on his chest. "Good night I love you." Peeta says as he drifts off. "I love too." I say as I close my eyes.
•••