Stormy Night

Your POV

I enter my new room in the manor. It was certainly something.

 As I sat on the bed someone knocked on the door, interrupting my thoughts

"Come in."

Drossel walks in. In his hands was a present wrapped in dark blue paper and a glittery, light blue ribbon. I raise a brow in confusion upon seeing it.

"My lady, I have made you something." He sets the gift on my lap. I look down at it before meeting his amethyst eyes.

"Drossel, you really didn't have to."

"Please, open it."

I remove the ribbon and open the box. I covered my mouth, and my eyes widened in surprise at it's contents. I felt tears well up in my eyes from happiness.

"Drossel this is..." I couldn't believe my eyes.

"And so, I thought to myself: my lady has been upset ever since her bear was burned, so I made a new one. Is it to your liking, my lady?"

I jumped up and hugged him tightly, catching him by surprise.

"Drossel, that is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me! Thank you so much! It's beautiful!"

The item was a bear, whose fur was black, but its muzzle, the inside of its ears, and belly was a royal blue color. It had the same symbol that was on Drossel's cheek on its stomach, but in black. I grabbed the glittery ribbon and tied it around the plush toy's neck.

"Are you going to name him?" He asks.

"Hmm...yeah. I have a lot of naming to do today. I think I'll call him," I thought of random names and decided to let the internet in my brain decide.

"Derek." I saw Drossel form a small, rare smile. He went over to my wardrobe and pulled out a navy blue nightgown. He got me undressed and put it on me like he always does. I got used to him dressing me after a while. A loud clash of thunder sounded outside, catching my attention.

"It looks like a storm is coming." Lightning flashed outside the window, and Oliver burst through the door and collided with me. I fell on the floor, with him on top, from the impact. Oliver was crying and gripping onto my nightgown tightly. I was honestly surprised.

"Oliver, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

More thunder crashed, and he held onto me tighter with a few whimpers escaping his lips. This answered my question.

"Oliver, there you are!" Arthur ran into the room. He stands beside Drossel.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. Oliver is afraid of storms."

"That's all right, Arthur." I pat Oliver's head comfortingly before I sitting up. "I used to be scared of storms too. He'll eventually grow out of it, so don't worry. How about we do something I used to do when it stormed back at home?"