•Chapter 12•

Ethan's POV

It all went smoothly ariston simply had a meeting with the alpha telling him he why he chose to be living so close to their territory saying he needed to be near his mate. Everyone has gone back to their work confused and upset. These are the emotions we do not ever feel.

It's lunch now and ariston and lissa are all cuddled up together. I already have emergency ids for all the protectors so sitting in front of me were Chris Harris and Delilah.

The alpha king still kept looking here but mostly at ariston and his arms that were around Anax. The part that bothered me was that his chosen mate was still with him. Does not she have a mate of her own out there? I can not let her mate with someone else if there is and it has nothing to do with Anax.

"So what's up with your thinking face?" Ariston asked me.

"Did you actually say 'What's up?'? I wondered out loud.

"Well yea it's really hard to know what's going on in your head without the help of your stupid self."

"What?" I asked confused knowing what he said was an insult but how?

"Oh my you're so hilariously stupid sometimes. He obviously means when you leave open your mind for everyone to see inside." Anax said rolling her eyes.

"I'm not getting into that!" I huff knowing full well if I do he will bring last nights incident to notice.

"Smart choice." Ariston said with a smirk.

"You are so human!" I tell him.

"And you are suppose to be acting like one. Are you useful for anything? Can't even act the part." He replied obviously trying to provoke me.

"Hey for your kind information you're supposed to act like a were"
"I am!" Was his direct response as he stared me down and I back at him.

"This conversation is so lame. I bet two year olds have better comebacks than both of you combined!" Anax says while reading something on her phone.

Ariston was going to say something to her when we heard a voice too loud for our sensitive ears obviously cause we were whispering in a volume even weres can not listen into our conversation that we had our hearing sense heightened. Ariston and I cringed while Anax looked up at the guy the beta who had greeted us saying hello.

"Hello guys we were wondering if you would like to join us on our table?" He asked his main focus on ariston obviously thinking he's the one who makes decisions here since he's a were and all. Ariston looked at Anax making the guy mutter a "whipped" that only Ariston was supposed to hear.

"We?" Asked Anax already knowing the answer.
"Yeah me and my group of friends" pointing towards the table next to football players. His friends containing of the Alpha king as well as the delta, two pack warriors and 3 she wolves.

"Sure they seem alright" replied Anax with blush on her cheeks that I'm sure is fake.

"Let's go then?" He did not wait for a reply and started heading towards his table. I bit my lip to not growl for his complete lack of respect.

--------------------

The conversation was really awkward the alpha king was trying to get Anax's attention trying to make her look at him while Ariston kept acting like he was whispering sweet nothings in to her ear. I kept the conversation flowing.

"So do they know about us?" Asked his chosen mate suddenly directing her question towards Ariston. The entire table couldn't even hide their shock she simply asked a question that was not hers to ask. If we really were human it would be Ariston's job to tell his mate his secret when he deemed the time right if he had not already.

"No I didn't!" Ariston said looking at her with anger making the alpha king to let out a warning growl to which obviously Anax let out a shiver of "fear". Noticing that I saw his eyes soften at her and glare at his chosen mate. So she did what any she wolf would do she kissed him and I felt Anax stiffen when he let out a groan of pleasure half way in the kiss.

She definitely does not deserve this.