Chapter 35: Her Death

Start from the beginning

And more. But Aurora just stood there, not replying to any. Except one.

"What, can you stop time?" This was the one she answered.

"Yes," the girl stated cooly, catching the attention of the roaring crowd and bringing their jeers to a abrupt halt. "Yes, in fact, I can."

Following her words, the world stopped. Like legit, it stopped spinning. Time froze, people stopped breathing, birds stopped flying but stayed in midair, and more. Usually, minds would have stopped working as well, as of the entire world just died. But this time, Aurora set it so that the minds of people watching were still working -- she kept it to just the people watching, and she stopped the minds of others who weren't -- along with their eyes. They weren't breathing, but they weren't suffocating either, since she just completely stopped everything. Including time itself.

But obviously, the Eternalis and the Fateium had a little advantage over the others since they were used to Aurora/Natsu stopping time. They still could hear, think, breathe, smell, taste -- every sense except talking. And they couldn't move, obviously.

"Well, isn't that cool?" A voice snarled from behind her, sounding totally unimpressed.

"Do you want to know how Lucy Heartfilia died, Natsu Dragneel?"

The boy in question stopped, and his breath hitched.

"Y-Y-You k-know? Y-You... y-y-y-you k-know h-h-how... h-how... h-h-how L-L-L-Lucy... h-how L-L-Lucy... d-d-d-died...?" He shakily voiced.

Her comeback was harsh and held absolutely no concern for his feelings.

"Yeah. I killed her with my own two hands."

Shock washed over Natsu, but he soon regained his composure and raged fueled him as he lunged for Aurora.

"Y-You!! H-How... HOW DARE YOU!!!" His attacks were completely out of range -- something absolutely unlike him -- and utterly fueled by rage and hatred; he was blinded by his fury.

She dodged easily, something that she wouldn't have been able to do so effortlessly had he been in his normal, cool, emotionless, stone-hearted state -- and she realized that.

Not long after, he did too. And his attacks became more accurate and precise, but they ceased when Aurora spoke again.

"You know what Lucy said when she died?" She sneered. "She cursed Natsu Dragneel to hell."

At this, he broke down once again. But this time, he just fell to his knees, horrified and shocked.

"Here," she said, mockingly. "Let me show you exactly what happened."

A huge lacrima popped up, available for only the Eternalis and the Fateium to see.

--in the illusion Lucy made of her 'death'--

"Bye, Levy-chan, Mira-chan, Kagu-chan, Yuki-chan!" A smiling Lucy waved at her friends -- sisters -- as she got off the train in Hargeon.

"Come visit, Lu-chan!" Levy yelled as the mops of silver, dark purple, and white nodded behind her.

"We'll be waiting!"

"Don't forget!"

"Goodbye!!"

Lucy waved to the girls until,their train disappeared into the distance. When it did, her smile fell. She slowly strolled through the slowly emptying streets, towards the shop where she had first bought Natsu and Happy food.

Just as she passed the only magic shop in Hargeon, Lucy spotted a girl her age who looked lost.

"Hey, are you lost?" The blonde walked up to the brown-haired girl, who looked up at her question.

"Yeah." She nodded, the red bow in her hair bouncing up and down. "I'm looking for... this restaurant." She pointed at a point on her map, a point which Lucy recognized as the restaurant she was heading to.

"Oh, I'm heading there too. How about we go together?" The blonde smiled, and the brunette did so too.

As they walked by the docks, the girl -- who had introduced herself as Sarah -- 'accidentally' tripped and pushed Lucy into the sea. As the blonde was falling in, Sarah faked horror and dived in after her. Struggling and gasping for air, Lucy was drowning. Sarah grasped her hand and they disappeared.

Then the scene changed. They were in the alley somewhere in Hargeon.

"W-Where are w-we?" Lucy stuttered, still gasping for air.

'Sarah' turned around, a cold look in her eyes.

"We're where your death will be." Faster than the speed of light, Sarah had pinned the blonde on the ground, a knife held at her throat.

"S-S-Sarah? W-Weren't w-w-we g-going-" she was cut off by the brunette pressing the blade further into her throat. 'Sarah' then produced quite a few other ones out of nowhere and sunk the all into Lucy's stomach. The blonde let out a cry of pain, but she was silenced with a glare.

"Got any last words?"

"W-W-Why a-are y-you d-d-doing t-this?"

"No comment. Anything else?"

Lucy started thrashing around, leaving marks in the blood that had pooled around her. As 'Sarah' smirked and raising the blade, Lucy quietly whispered her last words.

"Curse you, Natsu Dragneel. I hope you go to hell, you damned bastard."

With that, 'Sarah's smirk widened and she plunged the dagger into Lucy's throat. The blonde's eyes fluttered closed, and the screen faded to black.

--end of illusion Lucy made of her 'death'--

"I disguised myself as 'Sarah'." Aurora declared.

Silence. It was as if Natsu Dragneel was lost in his own little world. Somehow, he managed to teleport away before anyone saw the tears streaming down his face, but Aurora caught it. She smirked, satisfied.

"Step one, breaking Natsu Dragneel, done."