The Declaration of Independence

Start from the beginning

No, not this line.

He hated those words in that order.

He nodded, stood up, and kissed her forehead, "I love you Betsy."

"I love you too Alfie, tell the 13 I love them too." And with that, she gave her last breath.

And her eyes closed.

America placed his head on the bed and started to sob.

Alfred was sobbing into Canada's shoulder, "It's not fair, she never did any wrong Mattie. She was only four."

As North America tried to comfort their brother, England felt horrible, he killed a four year old girl.

"America, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean to- I didn't know-I" he was struggling with what to say, "I never-" he sighed, "I'm so sorry."

America just sadly looked at England with red eyes and nodded before turning back to the memory.

France put a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder.

England sighed, he never meant to hurt America.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He had already saw how he hurt his first children by leaving them alone for so long.

He saw how he hurt Alfred by leaving him in his country.

And he had just saw how he hurt America by killing his little sister.

He didn't know it yet.

But this was only the beginning of all the pain America went through.

Because of him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The memory changed.

America and the 13 were all outside in their backyard. They were all crying. Alfred was holding a sobbing Massachusetts.

They all were holding flowers.

There was a coffin in front of them in the ground.

The colonies all placed flowers on the coffin.

America took a deep breath, "Boston, you didn't deserve this, at all. You never did anything wrong. But now, your going to a better place. You'll be with all the great Ancients and Empires now. You'll be with my mother, brothers, and sisters now. We will miss you," he held back tears, "We always will, but you will be happy on the other side. And I swear to you, you'll never be forgotten. I love you, I always will, little sister."

And with that, America threw his flowers on the coffin and started to bury it.

As they all started to head inside, Massachusetts fell to her knees in tears, "It's not fair!!!" She cried into America's chest.

He could only nod.

It started to rain.

The other colonies came over and cried along with America and Emma.

As the rain fell and the 14 of them cried, America looked up at the sky, "Take care of her Mama," he quietly said.

All of a sudden, the rain stopped and the wind blew some purple flowers, they went around America before going and landing on the ground Boston had been buried.

North America started to smile.

America slightly smiled at the sky, those flowers were Round-Lobed Hepatica Flowers.