A Day in the Life of Being Alone and Growing Up.....Too Fast?

Life doesn't get
easier,
you just get,
stronger

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The memory changed, it was now morning.

The siblings walked downstairs to the kitchens and saw Romano, "Are they gone?" Maria asked sadly.

He nodded, "Last time the tomato bastard left, he brought you two back," pointed at Maria and Diego, "Who knows what he'll bring back this time."

"How long will they be gone?" Canada asked.

"The bastards will probably be gone for," he shrugged, "A month,"

"Oh," They all said sadly.

They made themselves breakfast and decided to talk to Romano, "Romano, do you have a twin?" America asked.

He nodded, "North Italy, his name is Veneziano." Romano then walked away.

So much for talking.

"Come on, we can show you around." Maria said, the Mexicos started leading their brothers down the hall to show them around the big house.

The memory changed and it was now night.

The siblings were looking out the window at the stars, they all looked a bit sad as they all thought about their parents being gone for a month.

But hey, they were used to being left alone.

The memory changed, ( 1 week later)

It looked like it was the evening.The siblings were outside talking with some animals when it started to rain.

They went inside only to hear thunder, they all jumped and looked scared.

They were terrified off thunderstorms and hurricanes. Especially since their mother had faded during a storm.

America and Canada were trying to stay calm, they wiped their tears and took deep breaths. But lightening struck and thunder boomed again.  

Maria screamed.

They all felt more tears come to their eyes and start, the older twins tried to comfort the younger ones, but it was hard since they were scared too.

"It's okay," Canada told the Mexicos, "This will be over soon."

But it felt like it would go on forever.

"Maybe we should go to bed, it'll be over in the morning." America said in a shaky voice.

They all rushed to their rooms but the Mexicos wanted to sleep with their big brothers so they walked into their room.

"Can we sleep with you please?" Maria asked in tears.

They nodded and the Mexicos immediately got into bed with their brothers.

America was on the right, Maria was next to him, Diego was next to her, and Canada was on the far left.

As lightening struck again and more thunder boomed, America threw the bed cover over them and the four siblings clung together in tears and fear.

They couldn't wait for this to be over.

The four children ended up crying themselves to sleep.