Bonding

Life will test you,
but remember this,
when you walk up a mountain
your legs get stronger.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The memory changed.

Native America, Maska, Kanta, Mexico, and Mexica were all walking to the river. Native America was carrying Mexica while her sons were walking.

When they got to the river, the children all ran to it, and jumped in.

As they played in the river, Maska saw a nearby tree that had a nest in it, he kept looking at it.

The countries noticed that there was an egg in it that looked like it was about fall out.

Maska kept looking at the tree, "Maska, what are you looking at?" Mexica asked, this got their other brothers and mother's attention.

He pointed to the tree and the egg, "Is it going to fall?" Kanta asked.

"I don't know yet."

The wind wasn't helping at all, it started to blow the egg, causing it roll.

It fell out the nest, Maska ran out of the river as fast as he could to the tree, he jumped up and caught it.

His siblings ran over, "You saved it Maska," Mexica said.

The egg started to crack and a baby bird popped out.

"What kind of birdie is it?" Mexico asked.

"I don't know yet, but it's a girl." Maska turned to his mother, "Mama, do you know?"

"It's too early to tell Maska, the bird needs to grow for us to be able to tell," she replied, "We should put her back so her parents can come back and care for her."

Maska nodded, he used wind magic to make the bird and bottom half of the egg float up a bit, and took it off the bird, he opened his hand and the bird floated back on it.

And as soon as he did, the bird and him both felt a shock and jumped.

"Woah," Kanta said, "You just bonded."

Maska started to stroke the birds head with his finger. The bird flapped it's small wings and nuzzled her head into Maska's head.

All of the four children stroke the bird's head and wings, Maska dug up the ground so the bird could have some worms to eat.

"Should we still leave her?" He asked.

Their mother nodded,"We should, but we can visit. And since you too bonded, she will always be able to find you and will stay with you for a long time." (Pretend that Kumaijiaro and Canada bonded back in the second chapter, I didn't think of it until now)

Maska nodded and flew up to the nest and put the baby bird back in her nest. She started to chirp, as if she was asking him to come back.

"Don't worry, I'll visit you. I promise, but we can't take you. Your parents are gonna miss you."

The bird stopped chipping.

Maska got back on the ground, "Bye," he waved to the bird. The bird let out a chirp.

They all started to walk back to their hut.

The memory changed.

It was now night time, Maska was staring up at the sky. His mother came out of the hut.