The Lost Colony of Roanoke

To be strong is to understand weakness
To be weak is to have
fears.
To have fears is to have something precious to you.
To have something precious to you is to be strong.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Are you all okay?" France asked, taking a step towards his children to comfort them.

They all wiped their tears, nodded, and looked back at the changing memory.

Maska, Kanta, Mexico, and Mexica were playing with some children while Vinland was talking with some adults, there were a few houses nearby.

England gasped, he recognized that place.

It was his lost colony.

"That's-that's my," he started to say but was too speechless to say anymore.

America just nodded at him, "We were really good friends with those guys."

"What-what h-happened to them?"

Canada sighed, "They were killed by wendigoes."

"What that?" A few nations asked.

"You'll see." Maria sadly said.

All of a sudden, a roar was heard, followed by a scream.

They all turned to see a huge, ugly, tall creature with a women in it's hand.

"Help!!! Help me ple-" Her cries for help were cut off when the wendigo squeezed her in it's hand, and crushed her to death before eating her body.

The nations eyes widened a few covered his their eyes.

What was this thing?

England felt like he could faint, his people were eaten by-by this horrifying thing.

More screams were heard.

More wendigoes.

A few townsfolk got out their guns and started shooting at the wendigoes.

But that only made things worst.

The wendigoes got angrier and started running towards the townsfolks, picking them up, crushing them, and eating them.

A wendigo started to approach the group of children who were frozen in fear, it grabbed a girl who looked six.

Vinland got out her bow and arrow and started shooting arrows at it, she got it straight in the eye. 

The creature let the girl go, her mother ran and grabbed her. More mothers came and grabbed their children before running back to their houses.

"Maska, Kanta, get on Kumaijiaro now!!!" Vinland yelled running for her siblings. The boys nodded did so.

Vinland grabbed the Mexicos, "Kuma, lets go now!!!" Kumaijiaro nodded and they started running away from the small village.

The memory changed.  

They finally got back to the hut, they all looked really shaken up.

"Big sis, what were those things?" Mexica asked.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna find out."

"Are our friends okay?" Mexico asked.

"I hope so."

"They were eating them." Kanta said.

"Are they gonna come for us? Are they gonna get us?" Maska asked scared, this made them all look at their older sister in fear.

"No, they won't. I promise, I won't let them."

They all nodded but still looked really shaken up. Vinland tried to relax them by telling them stories about the stars.

But she, herself looked a bit scared to.

When they went to sleep, Vinland took watch for awhile before falling asleep.

As the memory faded, England was sobbing while France and India tried to comfort him, he was crying for what his people had gone through.

Most of the nations though were still in shock though.

The next memory came up.

The siblings were all back at the lost colony, they were looking around for their friends. 

But couldn't find them.

They looked in some of the houses that weren't destroyed but couldn't find anyone.

"Are they all dead?" Mexica asked with tears in her eyes.

Vinland didn't know what to tell her, "They might be,"

The youngest four had tears in their eyes.

Their friends were gone.

Vinland tried to comfort them but it wasn't working that much.

They picked flowers and placed it in the middle of the village before leaving.

A few countries felt tears come to their eyes as England sobbed into France's chest harder.

The next memory showed Vinland talking with an elderly women who had necklaces with sliver, and some with dead animal skin, a very thick book, a what looked like bottles of potions.

It changed again and showed Vinland giving her putting the necklaces on her younger siblings, Kumaijiaro, and herself.

"The creature we saw a few weeks ago was a wendigo. They eat fresh meat, but they hate dead flesh so keep this on you. Sliver and other gemstones like these can protect us from evil spirits."

She started to read the book she had gotten from the woman to them.

"After Roanoke, Vinland wanted to learn more about the paranormal and supernatural. We started visiting more tribes and learning how to protect ourselves from them and how to kill them." Canada said.

Liechtenstein turned to her brothers, "That's why you all told me to sleep with sliver under my pillow."

They all nodded.

"Do you all still have the necklaces?" Belgium asked.

They all nodded and took it out, "We always wear it." Maria said.

"So you all were hunters," India said, "Do you still do it?"

(Any supernatural fans out there?) 

"Yeah," Canada nodded.

"But isn't it dangerous?" France asked.

"It always is," America answered, "Especially if you don't know what your doing." 

"Wow, your sister taught you all everything you know." Malaysia said. 

They all smiled and nodded, "Yep, she was awesome." America replied.

"Awesomer than the awesome me?" Prussia joked."

"Dude, she was 10 million times awesomer than you." 

Prussia pouted while other nations laughed at them.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Next chapter is the colonization chapter and Vinland's fading chap, North America will all be found together and colonized at the same time btw. This isn't historically accurate.