The Declaration of Independence

You never know how
strong
you are until being
strong
is the only
choice you have

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

America sighed as the next memory started to form.

(4 months later)

The 13 looked older, Johnathan and Emma are now seven, Ashely, Mary Anne, Caleb, Ryan, Dylan were six, Caroline and Courtney, Michael, Kyle, and Penelope were five and Georgiana was a late 4. 

They were all talking to each other. 

America walked downstairs and looked a bit confused after awhile, "Uhh, guys where's Boston?"

"She went out to town,"  South Carolina replied.

America suddenly looked concerned.     

England had been raising taxes on his people which was causing a lot of protest. Sometimes redcoats would try to stop the protest.

And lets just say, when that happened.

Things got ugly, quickly.

America grabbed his coat, "Stay here,"  he told the 13 who looked at him with concern, he then ran out the door.

The memory changed.

There were people throwing things at a few redcoats. The redcoats started shooting pass.

America looked through the crowd, he saw Boston in the crowd.

 No.

"Betsy!!!" he ran towards her and cover her body with his.

He heard a scream of pain before feeling a shooting pain himself.

He knew he was just shot.

He looked down and,

NO.

Boston had gotten shot to .

The shooting had stopped, America looked around. And out of all of the redcoats.

England's gun was still smoking.

England covered his eyes, he hadn't exactly been looking where he was shooting. But if he was:

There was no way he would have intentionally shot a what? Little three or four year old girl? He wasn't a monster.

And there was no way he would have shot his son.

At all.

 "Alfie am I gonna die?" Boston asked tiredly.

America put pressure on her wound, pulled her to his chest, and started to run, "No your not."

"But I feel tired." She wanted to close.

"No, no, no, don't close your eyes. Stay with me, stay with me please Betsy."

America looked back at the redcoats as he ran, "I swear England, if Boston dies. I'll never forgive you!!!!!!!!" He yelled in anger.

The younger looking England didn't really hear him but he thought he did and looked around before shrugging and talking to one of his men.

England sighed and once again closed his eyes.