The Declaration of Independence

Start from the beginning

He didn't know yet, but had a feeling that Boston had died.

The memory changed.

Alfred rushed into a doctor's office, "I need a doctor!!! A little girl's been shot!!!!"

Two men came rushing out, "Please, follow us." 

They led him to a room, America put Boston on the bed. America was then escorted out the room.

He was leaning against the wall, "She's gonna be okay, she's gonna be okay, she gonna be okay," he tried to assure himself.

One of the doctors passing  noticed America's wound.

"Sir, please follow me. I can treat that."

America shook his head, "No, my little sister's been shot. I'm not leaving her."

"But sir your bleeding out."

He nodded, "I know."

The doctor realized that America wasn't gonna budge and soon left.

America sild down the wall and put his head in his hands. He was trying not to cry.

The memory changed (later in the day)

America was still in the hallway.

Countries were really feeling bad for him.

The door opened and the doctors walked out.

America stood up and looked at him with a hopeful face, "Is she okay? Will she be okay?"

The two men had sad faces, "We tried everything we could sir, she was losing a lot of blood. The bullet hit a few very important arteries." One of them said.

America had tears threatening to fall, "No, no, no, no. She'll be okay right? Right?"

The two's faces turned even sadder, "It's best that you say what you have to now," the other said, "Including your goodbyes."

Most of the countries had sad expressions on their faces.

America looked down and tried to kept back tears.

Canada put his arm around his twin and gave him a soft smile, America tried to smile a thanks back. But couldn't, he just sighed.

Sometimes it hurt to smile. (Not literal pain)

With all he insults that were hurled at him on a daily basis, plus the fact that he was still dealing with depression a bit and purging.

Sometimes it just hurt to even bother to smile.

And just looking at the memory when he lost his little sister was just to painful.

"No, no, my sister's gonna be okay!!!" America yelled at the doctors.

"I'm sorry sir," one said, "We did everything we could."

"No!!!" America yelled as tears fell, he fell to his knees.

One of the doctors put their hand on his shoulder, "It's best you say your goodbyes now."

America nodded, got up, and walked into the room.

"Alfie," Boston weakly said, looking up at him, "I'm not gonna make it."

"Don't say that." America grabbed her hand.

"I heard you guys outside." her eyes were starting to close, "It's my time."

America had tears pouring.