Fire.

The whole room gets hazy with smoke. We cough and sputter in the dark with only flickers of shadowy light to light our path.

"I found the door!" Hailey shouts at last.

I feel a tug as she pulls us forward. My eyes by now, have started watering like the damn Niagara falls. As soon as the glass door is pulled open, the screams become deafening.

"How is the fire not extinguished by the storm?" I cough out.

"Natural fire would but fire made my magic will not. At least not that easily." Zach said in between coughs.

I feel the glass beneath my finger tips and hold on to it. Aiden almost tugs me out when something pulls me back into room rather harshly.

My hand slips from Aiden's and then I feel myself getting thrown across the room. I hear him yelling my name but my head is pounding from the impact. i clench my jaw and stand up. The glass doors slam shut making them tremble. I grope the walls and move towards the left, shielding my eyes.

For a moment, I see a pair of blood red eyes staring up at me before a fist comes flying at my face. I ducked just in time and went scrambling across the rubber mat. Suddenly, I see a blast of silver light on the glass doors on the left and a glimpse of Hailey, Jase and Aiden with arms outstretched. Another blast of silver light hits the glass doors on the right and I see Melissa, Zach and Stella.

I cough and move a step back. My back hits a pair of legs. Both of us freeze. My amulet glows, brighter than ever. I feel a calmness settle over me like a warm blanket. My vision clears out. Everything becomes clear as day. I rise to my feet feeling like a new person.

I twist his hand behind his back forcefully.

"Who are you?" I hiss.

The guy struggles, his hood falling off his head in the process. Brown or black hair, I wasn't sure in the dark. His blood red eyes flashed. When I looked closer, I realised that the iris was actually a light brown.

My grip loosens at the strange discovery. The guy shoved me behind and tried to punch me in the stomach. His fist hit the metal belt instead. The guy howled holding his bloody hand.

"Witch!" He cursed.

Another blast of light hit the glass doors, almost blinding us. The guy took that moment to run towards the windows.

"Oh no, you don't." I growled, grabbing his leg.

He lost his grip and fell backwards. Both of us landed in a heap on the rubber mat. He shoved his leg into my side, knocking my breath out. He took that moment to grab me and throw me against the wall. Again.

"What is it with you and walls?" I grumbled under my breath.

My head felt heavy and I was sure, I would have a concussion later. The glass doors burst, sending shards of glass everywhere. I brace my hands before me and shut my eyes tight in reflex. But the glass never reaches me.

After a moment, I lower my hands down and blink. I see yellowed versions of Hailey, Zach and Aiden. I furrow my eyebrows when I see Zach's lips moving but no sound comes out. Hailey and Aiden stare at me with a weird expression on their faces.

"What?" I ask, turning my attention to Zach once again. "Why are you so guys so yellow? Oh wait, you're orange now."

My amulet grows warm on my neck and glows healthily. Hailey snaps out of her trance atlast and blinks twice. She tells something to Zach who nods quietly. He looks at Aiden who is still in his own world and tells him something.