Chapter Twenty-Eight: Affection

After heading out with his father, Jimin came home happliy as his father brought out a camera and took many pictures of Jimin holding his diploma. Jimin was proud because his father finally gave him attention and that's all he needed for one night. After alot of posing with his diploma, Jimin set it in a glass cupboard with his cap. He glanced at his father and smiled, "Thankyou.."

          "Anytime son! I'm just so proud of you!!" Jimin's father kept smiling the whole night. Jimin said his goodnights and ran upstairs so he can get his rest. Jungkook hasn't showed up at all but he didn't let that get to him. All that mattered now was his father finally giving him attention he always wanted.

         Meanwhile Jimin's father sat down in the living room couch looking at all of the pictures through the old camera before stumbling upon a picture of his wife. He silently looked at it and teared up smiling, "I can move on... Knowing you are out there doing your best and thriving for your life... I will do the same... I'll protect Jimin... Before I wasn't strong enough but now I am." The man had a smile on his face having a moment to himself until the door bell ringed. Who can it be at this time?

           He walked over to the door and opened it seeing a big pile of roses being carried by a young man. In one hand he carried the roses but on the other hand he carried a bag full of canned coffee and a sheet of paper with writings on it. He moved the roses away and showed his face. It was Jungkook!

          "Who are you?" The father asked.

          "I-I am Jimin's best friend... I came to congratulate him... I wasn't able to before since I couldn't make it to his graduation... But I am here to give him gifts." Jungkook responded.

          "Uh- huh... He's upstairs. First door to the right" Mr.Park moved aside as Jungkook bowed before entering. He walked in and can see the diploma in the glass cupboard. Jungkook sighed walking upstairs as he held a paper tightly not wanting to drop it along the way. As he got to the door he gulped and opened it stepping inside the dark room. Just as he stepped in, he saw Jimin laying on his bed facing the ceiling asleep He even had his black gown still on. Jungkook set the red roses on the bed side table and the bag of canned coffee on the floor. Jungkook got on his knees infront of Jimin's bed and grabbed his hand gently. "My mochi~" Jungkook whispered kissing Jimin's hand gently.

         Jimin felt Jungkook's presence and began to cry, he was awake but did he really want to open his eyes? Jimin felt upset Jungkook wasn't there. "Jungkook..." Jimin turned over and opened his eyes crying while holding his Jungkook's hand close to his cheek. "Why would you leave me?"

       Jungkook looked into Jimin's teary eyes and kissed Jimin's cheek. "Jimin, I'm sorry... I thought... I-I thought I would hurt you... If you kept seeing that lady and getting jealous.. I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SUFFER..."

        "Jungkook... You made me suffer even more with you not being there... For me..." Jimin looked down as his tears dripped onto the bed sheets.

         "But I came to you now..."

         "I TOLD YOU TO COME TO ME BEFORE.... WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" Jimin shouted.

         "BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME HOW HAPPY YOU WERE! I didn"t want to remind you of our break up..."

         "Y-you should know how I am... When I lie about myself.. You are able to see through that... Can't you tell when I'm hurt?"

      "Jimin... I love you.... I'm sorry for everything... Maybe I'm not good enough to love you. You deserve someone your age.. Young, kind, smart, and would never hurt you like how I did..."

         Jimin snatched his hand away and sat up looking out his window. "Stop saying you aren't good enough for me, idiot..." Jimin began to sob to himself as Jungkook realized his mistakes and remained kneeling there next to Jimin's bed looking up at the boy sobbing to himself.