Chapter 27

( Andrea's POV )

*flashback to after the shooting*

1:30 pm

I open my eyes and look around me, I am trapped in a small room with two girls. They look like they could be around my age but I have never seen them before.

The walls are wood and it smells like mold and stale air. There is a door at the front of the room with no windows. Looking at the room more and more I come to the thought that wherever I am is an abandon building. There was one window in the back corner that was boarded up.

Both of the girls are knocked out but still breathing. One girl is dark blonde with her hair in a braid. The other one has light blonde hair. They are sitting pretty close to each other considering I'm on the other side of the room.

I go to stand up and my legs buckle underneath me. Once I catch my balance I make my way over to the door. I try to turn the handle and it's locked of course. If I had more help I could probably break the door itself off its hinges.

I turn to the other two girls and they are both still passed out, "Damnit," I curse.

*flashback ends*

CURRENT DAY

5 days.

I've been trapped for 5 days, all I have eaten is canned soup that I have shared with the other two girls. I've learned that their names are Jessica Winnings and Brittany Roberts.

Jessica woke up after me, after she realized where we were she burst into

sobs. That was the first time I cried. I comforted her but it didn't do much. She hasn't really even stopped crying for the past 5 days.

Brittany might us well be considered the complete opposite of Jessica. She was in her before both me and Jessica and she has no emotion whatsoever. She is a bit older than me and already graduated high school.

Brittany is the smarter one of the two, Jessica is kind of a dumb blonde. Brittany was raped and taken here after, she doesn't remember much of that night, she tells me, he slipped something in her drink.

Jessica was taken the same day I was, at the school. She is a junior and attempted to run to her car once the shooting started. She didn't get very far before someone Chloroformed her, which is what I believe happened to me. She says she can't remember what the person looked like.

None of us really spoke for the first couple days. We just stared at the wall and listened to Jessica cry.

On the 4th day we actually had a conversation.

"We need to get out to here." I said that morning.

"Wow, great idea, none of us have thought of that one until now." Brittany rolls her eyes.

"Well why don't we do something about it," I snap.

"Okay what's your plan? I've been trying to think of something the whole time I've been here. There's no way out, there's one door and one window, if they hear us trying to break out who knows what they would do to us."

This makes Jessica start to cry again, I sign and hug her into me to comfort her.

"It's okay, we are going to get out of here," I whisper.

.

.

Today, day five was the day everything hit me. Everything. All the realizations, all the memories, and all my negative and hopeless thoughts hit me like a train.

Maybe it was the chemical that put me down that was giving postive thoughts that helpd me get through the days. But on day five, all that wore away.

The nightmares got worse, the nightmares and thoughts of what I thought was going to happen to me. Day five was by far the worst.

5:45 am

I shake myself awake, and look around hoping that it is all just a nightmare. My eyes ajust and I see that my nightmare is yet to be just a dream, it was reality. I was never getting out of here, there was no way out. I will never see my friends again or my family. I will be living in this room for the rest of my life, eating canned soup everyday and night listening to Jessica cry and Brittany complain.

My breathing picks up, I try to calm myself down incase any one hears me. It was too late though, Jessica's eyes spring open.

"What's going on why are you crying?!' She almost screams.

This causes Brittany to wake up, "Jessica shut the fuck up."

My crying grows harder, "I can't do this anymore we need to get out. Help me bust the wood off the window." I say breathless.

"No," Brittany snaps, "If they hear us trying to get out who knows what they'll do to us."

"We aren't going to make it out any other way," I scream back at her, "Either we stay trapped in here or die trying."

"There's no way we can break that window Andrea," Jessica speaks up.

"Just help me, please, I'll tell them it was all me if we get caught. Please just help me," I beg, I have no more options and I would rather die trying than rotting in this room.

"Alright'," Brittany breathes out.

We all stand and start to work on ripping the wood boards off that are covering the window.

We worked on the first board for about 30 minutes when we finally pulled it off, I was starting to get frustrated, so I picked up the pace. We all got tired and had about 50 splinters in each finger but we kept going.

9:00 am

We finally got to the window itself, it was decided that whoever wanted to be the first to get out would be the one to hit the glass out of the window. I volunteered. I was always considered tough for my size and gender I guess. I thought I could just use my fist to hit the window out since it was such an old window. It proved me wrong when I jammed my fist into the glass. It broke but not as I was hoping it would, It didn't break all the way through and slattered glass cut into my hand.

"Shit," I yelled. Brittany took the rest of the water from the day before and poured it onto my cut.

"Here," she said and handed me one of the wooden boards, "break the rest of it with this."

I slammed the board into the window, and it shattered big enough for me to get through.

"What the hell was that?" We heard a distant voice ask from outside the door.

"Andrea go! They heard the glass break, get out now and find help to come back for us," Brittany whisper yells to me and shoves me towards the window.

We hear footsteps get closer and closer to the door as I climbed out the window. I squeezed through the broken window but it was too small on my legs and the glass sliced into my leg. I wince in pain but keep going. As I collaspe onto the forest floor, I heard the door swing open.

"Andrea run!" I heard Jessica yell.

I turned and sprinted towards the nearest clearing I had no idea where I was or where I was going. I ran until I came to a tall tree in which I leaned against to catch my breath. I heard footsteps running after me, right as I took my first stride arms wrapped around me stopping my movement.

"Where do you think you're going love?" I familar voice asks.

I turn to face him and look into the blue eyes of Louis Tomlinson.