Chapter 14

( Allison's POV )

12:00 pm

They finally let us out, I still haven't heard details of the whole thing. Like, how many have died or how many injured, or even who was in the group of men committing the crime.

I don't think I wanted to know. I still haven't heard from Andrea but she was probably with her family by now.

My dad didn't even know the shooting was going on since he was working. That's scary to think about. I could be dead and he wouldn't have known.

Once I got my phone back I called him and he didn't answer, he never did, his job was pretty demanding.

I got in my car and drove home. I just wanted to be home, away from the situation.

I decided to turn on the news.

"Lake County High School Shooting" was the headline, of course.

13 killed and 17 injured.

This couldn't be happening. I was still trapped in a nightmare.

Pictures of 3 men appeared on the screen. They looked familiar, they went to Lake County. They were normal kids just like us.

Their names were: Aaron Harris, Jacob Parker, and Anthony Clark.

I knew Aaron, I had math with him Junior year. We weren't exactly friends but we have spoke before.

Then the list of those who have died came on the screen. I paused it and scanned through, two sounded familiar but I wasn't close to any of them. Then a "missing" list came on the screen. The reporter stating that investigators are starting to lose hope in searching for them. What do they mean by missing?

I began to look at the list and my heart drops when I read her name.

Andrea Moore.

I read her name at least 10 times. This can't be right. She isn't dead. This isn't real.

And with that... I blacked out.

.

.

I woke up to my dad shaking me.

"Ali, Ali, good you're awake, you scared me," he breathes out. "I've heard all about your day today, I'm so sorry I couldn't be home, I had no idea."

"It's okay dad."

"I'm so happy to have you Ali," he hugs me, "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." I hugged him back. I don't know how long we stayed like this.

"I love you daddy," I cry into his chest.

"I love you too sweetheart, so much," he rubs my back. "I think it's time for you to go to bed."

I look at the clock.

11:40 pm

"Yeah, you're right, see you in the morning."

"I have tomorrow off so we can have bonding time," he laughs.

"Whatever you say dad, goodnight."

.

.

.

3:34 am

I wake up screaming and drenched in sweat. I had a nightmare about Andrea.

My dad runs into my room.

"Allison!" He yells.

"I'm okay dad, just a bad dream."

He goes into my bathroom and gets water. He hands me two pills. He told me it was to help me sleep. I thank him and he walks out. After the door shuts I throw the pills away and start to cry. I don't want to go back to sleep, I can't stand to see Andrea's face in my nightmares.

I start to cry harder and before I realize what I'm doing Harry is on the phone.

Code Redजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें