Therefore, my knowledge on general werewolf behaviour is very limited let alone them being my employers. So, I'd seeked Amy's help on the topic. Luckily, there wasn't much difference in the work structure since the work would be done by humans. 

Amy and Kate were considerate about the fact that it was my first day of work and tried their best to make me feel a little comfortable.

As soon as I was home, Claire, being the angel that she was, got me a cup of coffee."I love you. I think my head is going to explode."

"Now it won't. Anyway, How was work?" she asked.

"Fine. The people are okay. The work is okay." 

As I took my first sip and the heat and caffeine shot up straight to my head, I closed my eyes and sighed. 

"Marc isn't home yet?" 

"He told me he might be late." Claire said taking a sip.

This was the time to tell her. I  know how Claire would react to what was coming. But I can't stay here forever. Not only was it uncomfortable to the couple having a third person in the house, I also hate feeling like a burden. Claire would first freak out when I tell her I'd been looking around for apartments. But She would understand if I explained better.

"I found a really nice place around the corner." Claire looked up at me and I continued. "It's a two bedroom apartment and the one staying there needs a roommate. She works at my office too. That's how I got know about it."

Claire stared at me as if I'd grown a second head. "I seriously hope you're kidding me."

"Just listen to me once."

"Uh uh. No. You're not talking and I'm not listening." claire said. "Is there something wrong here?  Don't you like it? "

"I love it here. It's not that, Claire. Listen, I love you so much for letting me stay here. But sooner or later I'll have to look for my own place. Why not now?  Besides, you guys need to have your space."

After a moment of silence, Claire let out a deep breath and spoke. "Okay. So you want to stay seperately."

"No. I've been looking at a lot of places this past week and they were all very good. But I didn't take any of them because they're not close to your place. Luckily, I got this apartment just a couple of buildings away."

I really wanted to stay with my sister so badly. But I  didn't want to depend on anyone and Claire would kill me if I paid for staying there. The talk went on and on and finally, Claire and I came to a conclusion.

That I would stay this month here and spend more time with her and then I can move to the new place next month. Once I moved, I would visit her every other day without fail. Lastly, that I'd keep in constant touch with her through phone.

Now,  that was Claire. Always the mama bear.

A week at my new work had made things smoother. So far, I didn't screw up anything. Kate is a good boss and gave me enough time to catch up on things. The strangeness around the colleagues no longer bothered me. Truth be told, I kind of enjoyed having comfortable silences with people.

Despite having the ability to make people feel like shit about their looks, Amy was a cool girl. Working seemed less hectic day by day.

It was evening and Amy and I were sitting together at our cabins finishing up when Kate came to us. Her face was pale and her tone stringent.

"We will need the TSG project files and the other projects for the last six months ready by tomorrow."

Confused and frowning, Amy said, "But the TSG files have been given to Greg."

"Then please run them through with Greg and get them back as soon as possible. Juliette, I want you to go through the project details thoroughly and cross check them. Keep all the project works ready and be in the office tomorrow at 8 AM sharp." Kate rambled.

I knew she was a little nervous for some reason. Amy and I looked at Kate wanting to know what was going on and she answered all our questions with five words.

"George Turner is visiting Tomorrow". 

My mind was all over the place. I set my laptop aside and got out of my bed to clear my head. Maybe a cup of coffee would help. According to Kate's order, I've to be present in the meeting with all the project files. I've only been working on them for a week and don't know what a single mistake would result in. On top of everything, the head of the company is going to be there.

When Kate told us that George Turner was visiting, it was strange to notice that the two women were as nervous as me about it. But there was also a hidden excitement in them, a slight curve of their lips assured that they've been looking forward to this. But the moment Kate noticed that I was watching, her smile vanished and she went back to being rigid. 

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, the main door opened and Claire stepped in. She paused looking at me.

"You look like a mess. What's going on?"

Pouring my coffee, I stepped out of the kitchen and said, "There's a meeting tomorrow. I've been cross checking all the project files." I crashed onto the couch.

"Well, did you eat anything?"

"I'll eat later. Not very hungry. Where's Marc?"

"He'll be late. Apparently, he too has a meeting tomorrow and he has to be with his boss." Claire replied.

"Oh, Marc's going to be there too? That's a relief..."

"What do you mean Marc's going to be there?" she asked surprised.

"Well. The meeting he was talking about is in our office tomorrow. George Turner is visiting our department. Since Marc is coming, I will have a friendly face."

"Don't worry. Marc told me several times that his boss doesn't spare a second glance at humans."

"Not when he has to visit an office full of them to discuss projects."

"You'll be fine. Don't stress." She assured me and went into the bathroom.

I sighed as I finished my coffee. There's still work to be done. I got up and went to my room.