30. Kiss Me Where I Lay Down

There are a number of different reactions to what I just did, from a number of different people.

1. Alexa. She simply smiles like that was her plan all along, like she wanted to me to admit it. It could be perceived as malicious, but I don't think so. I think she just likes to stir the pot.

2. Tom. His eyebrows shoot up in a kind of surprise, but then he shrugs as if it's not a big deal. Which it isn't.

3. Marie. She at first looks a little bit uncomfortable, but then begins to laugh as if she's just found out some hot gossip. Well, apparently, she has.

4. Alexander. Just a snigger.

I haven't looked at Harry yet.

I'm scared that if I look at him, he'll be angry. That he'll never want to see me again. I know it sounds dramatic, but I am dramatic.

And I know that that's not something that Harry would usually do to a person, but I have my doubts. Doesn't everybody?

I can tell that his body has gone slightly more rigid compared to how it was before, which makes me even more doubtful.

I'm considering just bloody getting up and leaving.

But I know I can't do that. It would look even worse. So, I take another sip of my drink, and then a couple more gulps, and, with my heart pounding out of my fucking chest, I look at him.

And...

What?

The first thing I notice, is that his lips have fallen agape, and he's breathing a lot more heavily than usual. Then I look up to his eyes, which have considerably darkened compared to the last time I was looking at them.

I'm utterly confused by his expression, because there is not one hint of anger there. Is that—lust?

Surely not. No way. Not possible.

I have so much whiplash right now.

This man gets turned on way too easily. I mean, seriously? All I did was take a sip of my drink. Calm down.

Although, at the same time, I'm not complaining. At all.

Alexa is the first one to speak. "So, you two gonna get a room or something?" She has a wicked glint in her eye, demonstrating that her goal has been achieved. But, what goal? And why? Harry and I are still looking at each other though, me mostly in shock, but him with that same expression. "I was just joking," she says awkwardly, after a few more moments of silence.

"Never have I ever shat my pants," Tom pipes up, obviously trying to get our attention. And it bloody well works.

"What?" Harry asks in a great deal of surprise.

"Aren't we still playing? Never have I ever shat my pants!" He repeats.

Out of pure disbelief, I take a drink. "I think I shat my pants just now," I say, with a laugh, and Alexa begins laughing her head off.

"I'm getting pretty beat. Do you want to head off, Miller?" Harry says this softly, rubbing a fingertip over one of my shoulders at me as if everything's normal. But nothing is normal right now. It feels as if something has clicked. Something's changed.

"Yeah, I'm tired, but I had a really great night. Thanks for having me, Tom!" He smiles in appreciation and we say our goodbyes.

I check the time. 2.07am. Time flies when you're...having fun?

I'm really not sure what that was.

---------------------------

The car door slamming shut awakens my senses again. Harry and I didn't speak at all whilst walking down the stairs of the apartment block, nor when we were waiting in the silent, empty street for the car to arrive.