16. For One More Day

"Who's this?" His thick accent sounds through the receiver, and to say the least, I am shocked at who it belongs to. "Look, please stop calling me. I just want some peace and quiet, ok? It's my day off, and I would really appreciate it if you left me alone."

Huh? Does he know it's me? What's going on? Why did he say that?

Before he hangs up the phone, I quickly butt in. "Niall! Wait! It's me! Please don't hang up." Desperation has filled my voice, but I'm past the point of caring.

"Miller? Is that you?" And then the little shit starts giggling, for christ's sake. "I'm sorry, there's been this fan who keeps callin' me, I don't know how on Earth they got me number, anyway, I thought you were dem! Are you ok?"

"Why did I have your number written on my hand?" I cut to the chase. No time to waste. Oh my god, it feels like the walls are closing in already, better make this quick...

"Why did you have my number written on your hand..." He repeats what I've just said, apparently thinking deeply. "Ah!" He laughs again, and I'm guessing he's finally realised. "We...erm, ran into each other last night! At that club, y'know...? Although I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't remember. You were pretty far gone."

"Wait, in Paris? You were in Paris?" I ask him, completely dumbfounded at this new information. I can safely say that none of this is ringing a bell, and I'm becoming slightly suspicious as to how this all happened.

"Yeah, I was...look, are you ok, Miller? Do you 'member anyting at all?" He sounds a bit disheartened. This is turning out like the last time I got drunk. When I got a bloody matching tattoo with Harry Styles. Who knows what I've done this time.

"I can't remember a thing, Niall. Who was I there with? Or better yet, who did I leave with?"

"You came with this woman and, also a guy...but once you, erm, saw me, you and him, uh, left together." I think he must be talking about Jess and Alex. Niall doesn't seem to like anything about what he just said, so I press him further.

"What happened when we saw each other?" I ask cautiously.

"You kind of, well, you erm, you..."

"What? What did I do, Niall?" I'm getting seriously impatient. He needs to spit it out. The more information I can find out from him, the more likely I may remember something about last night that led to to bloody Germany.

"You kissed me, alright? For like, 2 seconds. You seriously don't remember? Geez, you must've been absolutely wasted, Miller."

Oh my God. Why is this happening to me? He must think I'm an absolute idiot! Why would I do that? I don't have any feelings for Niall at all, so why would I do that when I'm drunk? It just doesn't make any sense. I'm so stupid, I literally hate myself right now.

"I'm so sorry, Niall. You must have thought I was some crazy person. I'm so embarrassed. Oh, God, that's literally the only think I've been feeling for the last week. I keep making the biggest fool of myself," I tell him, shaking my head disdainfully.

"Don't worry, Miller. Honestly it was fine!" I can hear him chuckling on the other side of the line. "Anyway, how come you were so desperate to call me?"

Not even listening to his last question, I say, sort of to myself, "that's twice that we've 'kissed', and I still don't know if you're any good." I smirk as his laughter fills my ears. I'm referring to the time that he told everyone how we kissed in the toilets of the party where we met, even though of course we never kissed.

"Trust me, I'm good! Although I didn't really get a chance to show my skills last night...it was pretty much all you..." He laughs yet again, his contagious laugh. "Maybe you would have remembered our little kiss if I actually got a chance to prove myself!"