15. Never Knowing Where I Was

There is no way I can be bothered responding to that text. Like yeah, I know I told mum about Harry, as well as Cheryl, but I feel like if i bring anybody else into this whole situation then things could take a turn for the worse. Obviously I can't hide the fact that I did hang out with Harry, there is hard evidence, but I kind of just want to stay in my own little world for a bit longer. I'm not ready to bring Louisa into this because even though she's one of my best friends, this is kind of a big deal. That, and she would freak the fuck out. Again, not something I want to deal with.

"Miller? Earth to Miller?" Jess is waving her hands about in front of my face, bringing me back to the current moment, humour filling her voice. 

"Sorry. A lot on my mind!" I tell her with a weak smile. 

Jess looks at me with a weird expression across her face, but then that's gone and she smiles warmly. "Nothing a drink can't fix, I'm sure," she says, and I laugh along half heartedly. 

We enter an old looking pub with a stingy yet rocky kind of feel. Something that I haven't experienced before. It's not too crowded, I can see a group of about 10 people looking in our direction, so I'm guessing that's who we'll be hanging out with, and there's also a seriously drunk middle aged woman singing 'Like a Virgin' on the karaoke machine. All I know is; if I get drunk enough, that will definitely be me. And I just hope I don't remember it tomorrow morning.

 "Jess!" An attractive male calls over to us as we near their table. "And who's this?" His eyes flick over to meet mine briefly.

"Hey everyone, this is Miller!" We take a seat next to everyone, and I feel slightly uncomfortable. I'm not the best at meeting new people if you haven't already guessed. And maybe I'm paranoid, but I already am sensing some weird vibes throughout the group.

"Wait, is she the one who..." One of the girls across the table half whispers to someone, then trails off once they nod their head. The one who what?? Please don't tell me they're talking about me in reference to Harry Styles. Because if they are, I'm leaving. I knew I didn't like these vibes.

"Nice to meet you Miller, I'm Alex. What'll it be?" He flashes me a dashing smile and to be fair, I almost melt involuntarily. Jesus. Why did that affect me so much? He screams 'bad news'.

"What'll what be?" I ask him, in a daze. I have no idea what he's talking about. Maybe that's just me being daft as usual, or maybe it's his lustrous charm. I'm thinking the latter. Could be both though, let's be honest.

"Drink? What'll you have?" He asks me, rather patronizingly, if I do say so myself.

"Oh. Right. I'll have a martini please," I say sweetly. My attraction towards this guy is decreasing at an alarming pace.

"Waiter?" Alex motions for the waiter to come over, and I cringe a little bit. "She'll have a double martini." He winks at me. "Looks like you need it."

Wow, thanks, Alex, you big old deusche.

"Actually, you know what, I think I've got to get going. Thanks, Jess, for inviting me, but I'm not feeling too well." I fake a yawn, wanting to get out of here and bloody fast.

"Don't be silly, Miller! Just--please. Have at least one drink, and if you still don't feel well you can go. C'mon, we'll have loads of fun!" Jess has persuaded me. If it's anything that's going to take my mind of things, it's alcohol. I can't say no to that.

Alex hands me the martini with a devious smirk. 

And that's the last thing I'll remember.

-----------------------------------------