That how America got over his fear, it was pretty tough though.

He had forced himself to stay in place during thunderstorms and not to cry or jump when he heard thunder.

It was hard at first but he was soon able to brave the storms.

He had even made himself stand outside the house during a storm once.

He wouldn't recommend anybody doing that though, he just did it because he was tired of being afraid.

The memory changed.

America was now 11, he was walking through town with some food he had just bought but stopped once he heard crying. He looked towards the woods and started to walk there.

He looked around and saw a girl his age sitting on the ground and crying.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I was climbing that tree," she pointed to a nearby tree, "And fell and now my ankle hurts, I can't get up."

"I'll help you," Alfred walked towards the girl and he put his arms under her arms and legs. He slowly lifted her up, "I'll take you home, where do you live?"

She told him the directions and he carried her to her house and knocked on the door.

A woman opened the door and looked surprised to see Alfred carrying her daughter.

"Natalie what happened?" She asked concerned, motioning for America to come in.

He gently set her on a chair, "I was climbing a tree and fell out of it, and now my ankle hurts." her mother gently touched it, causing her to wince.

"Nothing can keep you away from climbing," her mother said, "Maybe this will."

"After this heals, I'll be up in the trees again."

Her mother slightly smiled, "I know you will." she turned to America, "Thank you for bringing her home, what's your name?"

"Alfred, ma'am, may I ask for yours?"

"Ma'am, I see we have a gentleman here," she smiled.

England slightly smiled at that.

"I'm Teresa, you've already met Natalie. Thank you for bringing her home, how about some pie for your troubles bring her back."

"Oh, it really wasn't any trouble ma'am, you don't have to do that."

She smiled at him, "I know, but I want to." she cut a slice of apple pie and wrapped it up.

"Can you stay Alfred?" Nataile asked.

"Nataile, he probaly has errands to run." her mother said to her.

"That's okay ma'am, I don't mind." Alfred smiled.

"Well, in that case, I'll get you a plate." she put the piece of pie on a plate and up it down on the table, "Please sit down."  

America nodded and sat next to Nataile who was eating a slice of her own.

"You know, you're quite the hero for bringing Nataile back,"

America was about take a bite out of his pie but stopped, "Hero?"

"Yes, a hero."

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm no hero."

"Yes you are!" Nataile exclamied.

"But I didn't save anybody," Alfred said confused.