Chapter 19

Hi everyone.  Sorry for the interruption but I would like to take a minute to thank everyone for reading and the votes and all the comments.  I had so much fun writing this book.  This is the final chapter so please read and let me know what you think.  I apologize for taking so long to finish it but I didn't want to rush it.  Please tell your friends about the book and please go check out the rest of my books.  Thank you so much.  Cornett   #netbotluv

Lisa watched her father twirling the baby around and around. Her son was one year old today and everyone was there to celebrate. Liam looked like his father, dark blonde hair and cobalt blue eyes. His father would have been proud of him. He started walking just before he turned one and had more than ten words in his vocabulary, momma, daddy (for Chris), juicy and a big one, no. His grandmother Sandy says that his father was the same way.

Chris and his father were talking to Liam's grandparents, Sandy and John Carmichael, Brendan was playing with Liam while Emma, Mandy and Donna were inside decorating Liam's cake. William was showing Tony a few moves in the pool and Lisa was happy that they had bonded. William had really taken Tony under his wing and they were now best friends. 

"Stop hovering, he won't drop Liam." Lisa looked over her shoulder but there was no one there. She had his voice in her head since Liam was born. She hoped it was because of the mutant gene in her body because if it wasn't she should go to a mental institution. Jason has been talking to her since Liam was born and she hasn't told anyone. It catches her by surprise every time.

"I am a mother, I cannot stop worrying even though I trust my father completely." Lisa said with a smile. She didn't know if he could hear her because he never answered her. Maybe it was just him reassuring her that he would always look over her and Liam.

"If I could get everyone's attention please?" Chris tapped his glass with a knife. "As you know today is a very special day and we always share special days with the people we love. A year ago we were all here and the birth of Liam wasn't the reason. So I would like to use this opportunity to do what I was about to do this time last year."

Chris walked to where Lisa was and went down on his knee. "Lisa Stone King, I have loved you from the moment I saw you and I cannot imagine my life without you in it. We have been through so much and I think it is safe to say that we have overcome all the obstacles that was thrown in our path and we are still here together. I made a promise that I will take care of you and that little man there and I am going to keep it no matter what. It will make it easier though if you do this one thing for me? Marry me Lisa and make my life complete?"

Lisa went to her knees in front of him and with tears in her eyes nodded. "Yes I will marry you."

"I knew you were the one to carry my child and I knew that you were the one for my best friend." Jason's voice sounded in her ears.

Chris looked at her questioningly. "Everything okay?"

"Yes everything is perfect." Jason had given her his blessing and that was all that mattered, well and her father's blessing. "Did you ask my father?" Lisa asked just so Chris could hear.

"Yes I asked both and they said yes, I even asked Tony and Jason's parents if they would let me raise Liam."

"Okay then." Lisa felt the cool metal of the platinum ring surround her finger. "I love you Chris Morgan.

3 Months Later

"Are you ready princess?" Brendan asked his daughter. He couldn't stop staring at her in the beautiful ball gown wedding dress. She looked like something from a fairy tale.

Lisa kissed her father on his cheek. "As ready as I will ever be."

Mandy was waiting by the door of the bride room smiling at her older half-sister. "You look so beautiful, just the veil we need to fix." Mandy fiddled with the veil until it looked perfect and nodded at Lisa. "Time to get your happily ever after."

"No sweet Mandy, I have had my happily ever after since I got you all in my life. This is just the cherry on top." Lisa was happy.

As the door opened Lisa started to search for him. She had to keep to the slow steady march down the aisle but all she wanted to do was run to him and promise her life to his.

"Slow and steady like we rehearsed." Brendan tried to calm his daughter down. "All in good time."

"I love him father and this is one of the best days of my life." She looked to the end of the aisle where Chris, Tony, William and Liam stood waiting for her.

Chris didn't have words when she finally stood in front of him. He was relieved that he only had to say "I do" because that was all he was able to say.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The minister said.

Chris pulled her closer and kissed her. The whole church erupted into applause and Chris and Lisa turned to them feeling happy. Chris took a very excited Liam into his arms and just like that the three of them walked out of the big church. Rice and rose petals showered them as they met the afternoon sun.

Lisa swayed to the very slow music dancing the final dance of the night with her wonderful husband. Her son was fast asleep in his room in his grandparent's home. Sandy Carmichael had given him Jason's old room when he was born for when he visit there. They had offered to take him while Lisa and Chris spend their first two nights as a married couple alone.

After Liam was born Lisa and Chris both decided that it would be best for them to wait till they were married before they did it for the first time, she didn't have a pregnancy that would stop them if they went too far so they kept it pg rated for the last year and three months.

Chris carried her over the threshold and into the honeymoon suite. "Finally. I thought the people would never leave." The reception was held at the hotel, here where they danced for the first time when Chris brought her to his home after her mother kicked her out.

The restaurant "Skies in the lake" was situated in the best hotel in the city. Donna had to pull a few strings to get the restaurant for the reception with just three months' notice but she pulled it off. Everyone was involved in the planning of the wedding, Sandy, Emma, Donna and Mandy didn't want Lisa to do anything, they planned everything form the food to the dress. Lisa didn't mind because that meant that she could be with Liam and Chris.

Lisa stood in front of the mirror looking at herself in the beautiful white satin and lace lingerie. She brushed her hair and with one more look in the mirror left the bathroom. She found Chris standing in the balcony door, something he did at home too. The moon was big and the light accentuated Chris's form. He was only dressed in black satin pants. Lisa had never seen anything so beautiful. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and rested her head against his back.

Chris turned and with one swift motion carried her to bed. "Our relationship started with a promise to a friend but I never thought it could turn into this. I love you Lisa Morgan."

"I love you like the sun is warm and water is wet, nothing can ever change how I feel tonight." Lisa said and kissed him with all the love she had.