Chapter 15

Chris watched as the helicopter landed in the ships helipad. He needed to see what or who King was bringing with him. Four men including his father went out to meet Brendan King. Chris watched them for another minute before he went back to Lisa's room. She woke up an hour before and at the doctors request Chris left them to do their work.

Lisa didn't know about Brendan. Chris thought it best not to tell her until they knew more about his plans. Chris snr didn't tell Brendan that Ryan was dead, he only told him that they had Ryan.

Chris saw Mina-Rose again on his way to Lisa but he didn't stop to chat he just pretended that he didn't see her. He didn't need that complication in his life. All of that happened years ago and Lisa wasn't in the picture then.

Chris found Lisa out of bed and on her way to get a shower. She had been asleep for three days and that was really stressful for Chris. "Hey beautiful, do you need help?"

Lisa gave him a weak smile. "Always making plans to get your hands on me."

"Yeah you know me, had someone come to shoot you just so I can help you in the shower." Chris said leaning against the door opening.

"Funny." Lisa said not smiling at all. "Doc said everything looks okay. The baby wasn't in any danger at any point during the surgery. She was worried before they took the bullet out but once she saw that the bullet missed all vital organs and the baby she was finally able to breath."

"She and all of us. You really had us worried there for a while. You were out for three days."

Lisa nodded. "Doc mentioned that." She walked to the bathroom door and stopped. "So are you gonna help me or are you just going to stand there and stare?"

"Help." Chris said and immediately made his way to her. "I think I can use a shower too."

Chris helped Lisa out of her hospital clothes and then took of his own. He got the water ready and as he watched her he saw the wound dressing just below her ribcage but more to her side. "How badly does it hurt?"

"Not so bad. I think the sleep helped me to heal a little faster than normal."

"Or you healed a little faster because your father is like me."

"Or that yes. Speaking of, any development on that front?"

Chris soaped her body and then his own. "My father told him we had Ryan, he just left out the dead part. He just arrived and I am not letting him see you until we know what his intentions are." Chris washed her hair and when he was done he got out while she still stood under the shower.

"He is here? By the way where is here?"

"Yes he is here on the ship. We are on a ship in the middle of the Pacific ocean." Chris held her towel open and she stepped into it. He only had a towel around his waist. He dried her hair and then helped her to dress into her own sleepwear.

"Thanks Chris, this feels so much better than those hospital clothes. What are you going to wear?"

Chris grabbed his clothes that he had on and started to dress. "I will go and change as soon as my mom or dad comes to sit with you. You should eat, mom will bring you something. Chris grabbed his phone out of his pants pocket and made a call. "Hi mom, Lisa needs food nd I need a change of clothes, could you help us out please? ... Thank you mother." He placed the phone on the small shelve and dried Lisa's hair. When that was done he brushed it out so that there were no knots in her hair.' His mom arrived just as he left the bathroom still only with a towel on.

"Did you shower?"

"Yes mother, Lisa needed help and I helped."

"Chris, you know that it is dangerous for the two of you ..."