Chapter 17

Chris stormed back into the room where Lisa was sitting in the wingback dressed only in the bed sheet. She looked so desirable, the white sheet against her light pink skin, one of the domes of her breasts partially uncovered and her beautiful legs peeking out at the bottom. All he wanted now was to take her back to bed, but he couldn't.

Lisa had that feeling again. Something was wrong. "Where were you?"

How could he tell her? "I was with my father. Seems he had time to think. He doesn't approve of our relationship anymore. He said that now that you are a King we cannot be together anymore."

"Your father wouldn't. He knows how we feel about each other and I am not a King, my biological father might be a King but I am not. I didn't accept that name as my own and who knows if that is really true, my mother could have been a slut and had several affairs at the same time."

"He is insisting that you leave with Brendan King in the morning, I am to leave these quarters immediately."

"No, no I won't let you. I love you and you love me and we won't let him dictate our relationship. I cannot live without you."

"I am sorry but if I don't my father would send me away from here for a very long time. I would be banned to the desert and there I would have to suffer in hard training, people lose their souls there, they never return the same person as when they left. I would rather leave you now and fight with him, beg him and plead our case to him until he allows us to be together again."

"Would he allow us to be together again?" Lisa didn't even try to stop the tears.

"I don't know but we can only hope, it might take a few years or it might not take even one month."

Lisa was in his arms a second later sobbing into his shirt. "What if we don't see each other again? I don't want to go with him, he is nothing to me. Please I would rather go home and beg my mother to take me back into her home, I don't want to go with him, please don't make me."

"I will not stay away forever and Brendan King can take care of you, he wants to take care of you. He can give you what you need and the baby, he will spoil you both rotten."

"But he can't give me you. What about his wife and his other children, how will they treat me or is he planning on keeping me a secret forever by hiding me away in a small apartment and only visit to bring me food?"

"I don't know, I wish I did but I don't." Chris listened as she kept crying. It broke him to hear her sobs but it was all for her. His father didn't tell him who or why Lisa was in danger from again.

A knock sounded at the door and Chris went to open it. His father stood there once again. "Chris a room on the next floor had been readied for you for tonight. Take what you may need and come with me please?"

"Can I just have a few more minutes with her? I need her to be calm before I leave, it's not good for the baby if she is upset."

"Fine, do I need to bring the doctor to bring her something to calm down?"

"No, I will be there in about thirty minutes or so." Chris closed the door even before his father left and went back to Lisa. "Come let me help you to the shower. You will feel better once you are clean and dressed."

"Was that your father?"

"Yes, my room for the night is ready."

"Nothing will help me feel better."

"There are a few things that might, that little baby growing inside you, who knows you might just find someone else out there whom you will love more than me."