"Josh what's going on?" She asked her son as she saw the desperation in his eyes.

"Please mom. I need to know where she is." Josh pleaded. Amy stood there for a second and then smiled.

"I never thought Chad was good for her anyway. She's in the upstairs room second door on the left." Josh smiled and started up the stairs that his mom had pointed out to him. As he started up the stairs he stopped as he came face to face with Shawn who had obviously come from the room. Josh looked up at him as Shawn stared at him shocked for a second but then just like Amy, his face broke out into a grin.

"We have all talked to her, but somehow I think you're the person that can get through to her." Shawn said as he put his hands on his shoulders. Josh smiled a little.

"Shawn, no offense, but I would like to be able to talk to her before the wedding starts." Josh said after Shawn just stood there staring at him for a minute.

"Oh yeah. Go get her." Shawn said. Then he moved past Josh and went into the church. Josh smiled and then carried on upstairs.

Josh got to the door and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He knocked on the door and Katy opened it with a blank expression on her face but as soon as she saw Josh her face broke out into a huge smile.

"Josh. Oh thank God!" She whispered so only he could hear.

"Is it okay if I have a moment alone with Maya?" Josh asked. Katy started nodding her head very fast and smiling even bigger.

"Yes of course! Maya, there's someone here to see you! Topanga, Riley and I are going to step out for a minute." Katy yelled at Maya getting a faint okay from her in return.

Katy stepped out of the room and Riley and Topanga soon followed. Topanga saw Josh first and gave him a reassuring nod, Riley was next and almost yelled out in happiness but Josh threw his hand over her mouth before she could.

"Let's not make my presence known quite yet." He said making Riley nod against his hand. Josh smiled and let Riley go.

"Thank you Josh." Katy said. Josh smiled at her and walked into the room closing the door behind him.

Josh turned around and his breath immediately got knocked out of him. There stood the woman he loved in a white dress looking as beautiful as ever. Josh had to brace himself on the table that was beside the door to keep from falling in the floor. He checked her up and down not caring that she was watching him every move.

"Josh." Her cracked whisper of a voice broke him out of his trance. Josh looked up into her eyes and he saw that her eyes were glassed over and there was tears brimming the edge of her eyelids. "You came." She said making Josh swallow hard and nod.

"Yeah, I came. But  didn't come to see you throw your life away." Josh said barely above a whisper. Maya sighed and looked at the ground.

"My family has already given me the speech-"

"Your family is worried about you Maya." Josh cut her off making Maya look up at him. "I'm worried about you. He's beating you, forcing himself on you, making you do things you don't want to do." Josh said making Maya's eyes wide.

"How do you know about that?" She asked stepping back a little.

"So it is true." Josh stated. Of course he already knew, he just wanted to hear her admit it. Maya looked away and refused to meet Josh's eyes. That's all Josh needed. "Get your stuff together I'm not letting you go through with this." Josh stated making Maya snap his head up at him.

"Josh I can't just leave." Maya argued with him making Josh sigh.

"Yes you can. In Fact you're going to." Josh said making Maya shake her head.

"All this money that Shawn and my mom put into this."

"Means nothing to them if you're not happy. Maya they don't care about the money if they know you're going to go home to a guy who's going to beat your brains in the next day. You deserve so much better Maya." Maya just stared at the ground as Josh spoke trying to keep from crying. "I could treat you so much better. I have before." Maya snapped her head up at Josh shocked. She thought he was way over her.

"What?" Her voice cracked as she stared wide eyed at Josh. Josh swallowed hard as he realized this was his moment. Josh stepped towards Maya to where they were inches apart now.

"I still love you Maya. Do you not think that it was hard for me to get the invitation in the mail saying that the love of my life was getting married to someone else? And don't even get me started on how much I want to go down stairs right now and beat the hell out of him for what he has done to you." Josh said making Maya smile a little.

"I still love you too." Maya admitted barley enough for Josh to hear. Josh smiled as he closed the distance between him and Maya pulling her into a hug. They stayed there for a minute before Maya suddenly pulled back with a look of fear on her face. "But Chad, he'll find me, he'll hurt you and-" Josh cut her off by pulling her into a kiss.

Maya immediately melted into the kiss throwing her arms around his neck. It had been the first time in years that she had gotten to kiss the man she loved that she had forgotten how amazing it was. She was so use to having rough sloppy kisses that she forgot what it was like to feel on top of the world when she kissed someone. After they pulled apart Josh rested his forehead against hers.

"I'm not afraid of Chad and I'm not going to let him touch you ever again. Maya we can walk out of here and you would never have to see him ever again. I can make sure of that." Josh promised her making Maya shake her head.

"You can't make promises that you can't keep." Maya said.

"This one I plan too." Josh said making Maya sigh. Suddenly a knock on the door came and Josh and Maya split apart.

"Maya the wedding is about to start and we need you downstairs in five minutes." The wedding director said coming into the room. Maya smiled at her and nodded. The wedding director exited the room and Maya turned back to Josh. Josh looked at her with so much hope in his eyes. Maya finally broke out into a smile.

"Let me get changed and we'll go." Maya said. Josh broke out into a huge grin. And exactly five minutes later, Josh and Maya were exiting the church and getting in his car.

"You okay?" Josh asked as he started the car. Maya looked over and smiled at him.

"Never better."
___________________________
That ending probably could have been a little better but I'm writing this at 4 in the morning so... Yeah.