Collided- Chapter Nine

Edited:

Published: Wednesday, October 4th 2017 2:11 am

Collided- Chaper Nine

Inayah's POV

March 8th 2018

        "You know that's stalker-ish to stand like that, right?" Ismail raised an eyebrow at me from where he sat on his bed. I didn't say anything, but I couldn't deny it. For about a minute I stayed here in this position, not willing to do anything but ponder over what was going through my mind. I didn't want to believe what my gut was telling me.

        "There's no harm in me standing here and minding my business," I shrugged.

        "Oh yeah?" He used his hand to point towards his desk chair. "I think you want to say something. Come in here and say it."

        "But I don't want to say it," I protested. "I don't want to even believe it. It's too...weird."

         Ismail sighed, a clear sign that I was starting to frustrate him. I was starting to frustrate myself. If he was doing what I was doing now to me, I wouldn't have it. But then again I could never see myself in the position that I'm pretty sure he's trying to insert himself in. I love my brother more than any words could possibly express, but then other times like this, I can't help but dislike him.

       "I will sit at your desk even though I don't want to say it," I huffed, walking over until I situated myself and folded my arms. My chin jutted out almost snottily and my right leg folded over the left began shaking up and down. Even my fingers drummed together against my arm while my eyes squinted accusingly.

"Then it's a good thing that I already know what you want to say."

"Oh do you?"

"Yes," He laughed. "I do. I know you because like it or not we have shared senses. At times it's creepy, but at other times it helps to figure out what's going on with the other. And from experience and common sense, I know that you're both worried and upset."

"Upset?" I gasped, slapping my hand against my heart as if the idea was absurd.

"Yes upset. That angry vein on your forehead is about to pop. I'm surprised you can't feel it. It looks like it hurts."

"You've done a lot of things that would make me be hurt, Ismail Ayyub."

"Woah!" He frowned and sat up from his bed to talk to me. "My full name? That's the code for something being wrong. Talk to me."

"Forget it," I went to move around him and out the door, but my efforts failed when he stood in front of it refusing to let me pass. "I said forget it."

"You're mad that I'm going to uncle Khalil's?" He asked, and I didn't deny it. That was what made me upset, but it wasn't the main reason. "You're mad that he wants me to meet with someone?"

"You know where I stand on that, Ismail. We both know that marriage is the last thing any of us want for the two of us right now. There will be no marriage."

"Then what?" He exclaimed.

"There's no possibility that you like my friend, do you?"

"Of course not!"

"Are you sure?" I asked again. "Because I didn't specify which friend."