Realization

They don't see each other when Erina is back in London because Joichiro asked Sōma to visit him last minute in Mexico City, but they are able to arrange a proper get together (Erina refuses to call it a date, thank you very much) after Exposé 2.0's roaring success opening night roughly 9 months later.

Much to her delight, Hisako pops up at the event to surprise her with the news that she'll be back in Tokyo for good. She gives her a proper tight hug prior to the announcement, and also welcomes Hayama that flies all the way to London with her.

That means, automatically, they are tagging along in Sōma and Erina's get together.

"To the continuing success of Erina-sama's Exposé!" Hisako cheers.

"And Hisako's bachelor degree, of course." Hayama joins.

"To Shino's London first Michelin Star." Erina adds.

"And Hayama's spice blend launch!" Sōma shouts.

They clink their drinks in the middle of an Irish pub Sōma recommended later that night. Thankfully, nothing too nasty for Erina to sit on-- someone knows her well, alright.

Celebrating all these monumental moments within each lives has made Erina slightly drowsy in happiness. Not to mention the dinner service she ran earlier was probably the most hectic ever since Exposé 2.0's hype has been going on since the restaurant was under construction. Even then, tables are already booked, press has been endlessly ringing her assistant for details, and it could get overwhelming at times, even for her.

But when her lack of energy can be hidden, her worn make-up can't, so she asks for Hisako's company to the ladies room.

"You and Yukihira-kun seem to be getting along well again, Erina-sama."

Where her initial thought is 'Oh, God. Not this question again.', she can't deny that her relationship with the redhead is at that weird, denial stage again-- a bit similar to highschool, but it's much more blunt now that they're in their 20s. It's not necessarily bad kind of weird, though.

The time she's spent in London because of the restaurant allows her to spend some time with the redhead. Though nothing extravagant, he would pick her up at 10.30 pm and take her to dinner before driving her back to the hotel (sometimes proper dinner, sometimes Shake Shack, she never really cares when she's tired). She would catch him stealing glances at her without him realizing he looks like a creepy stalker, and she never realizes she's been letting him do so.

They would unashamedly flirt with each other or share one kiss or two before they go separate ways, and she'd miss the warmth it always gives and hate the way those weird sadness washing over her when he doesn't (and never) ask to stay the night. But when people ask if they're dating, they'd never know what to answer because... well, they're not.

"Uh... I-I suppose so." She answers as she dabs some powder on to her face, "But it's nothing like you think it is."

"B-But why?"

Oh, here goes nothing. "I-I'm not sure, Hisako. I think we're scared to jump onto that because whenever we get too close, something always seems to be in the way."

"You are already close to him, Erina-sama. It doesn't seem like something's amiss anymore."

"I-It's... we're very busy people, Hisako! Well, I'm obviously busier as I'm juggling food critic and restaurateur at the same time, but--"

Hisako blinks once. And then she blinks twice more.

"W-What is it?"

The pinkette shakes her head, "Nothing, Erina-sama. It's just... I guess I'll wait some more for you to stop making excuses for your own happiness."

Erina stays still. Eyes as wide as the London Eye.

"I mean, it's up to you, but who knows what's going to happen if both of you takes too long."

At Hisako's secretive smile, she's not wondering what kind of Chinese herbs she's been taking that makes her more confident and straightforward, but her mind wanders to whether Sōma is having the same conversation with Hayama out there.