Intertwined

When the dark empire Erina's father created has fallen under her and friends' hands, a humongous rock is as if lifted off of her. The air feels better in her lungs, the sun shines brighter, everything feels like it's good again, and she can't describe the overwhelmingly good feeling in her chest especially since she gets her place back in the Elite Ten.

To mark this joyous and victorious moment, Polar Star dorm members (with Isshiki as the pioneer) decided to throw a celebration back in their home, which double its use as Erina's farewell party as well since she'll be moving back to Nakiri Mansion, and she's undeniably ecstatic to live with her grandfather and Alice once again.

What Erina doesn't know is each of the Polar Star member and their closest friends have prepared a little thank-you gift for her-- yes, including Fumio-san. It comes as a surprise to her that they are the ones who are thankful when it's suppose to be her to them.

"Because of Nakiri-san, all of us made it to the 2nd year," Megumi praises in the sweetest manner, "S-So please accept our little token of appreciation for your presence."

"B-But I haven't done much worthy of such kindness, Tadokoro-san!" Erina waves her hand in rejection of the exaggeration, "I-It is I who should be thankful for Polar Star, and yet I didn't prepare anything for the people here."

"Ahhh, Erina-cchi is being so modest!" Yoshino Yuki comes too sudden from her left and wraps her hand around her shoulder, "You've helped us big time, and you don't even know that. But all of us really want to give you presents, so this is from me!"

Of course, Erina is stunned. Her eyes go wide in shock and the feeling of the playful girl's arm around her is alien, but it makes her realize that she's actually a part of their friendship, and it melts her like hot fudge sauce over vanilla ice cream.

So with warmth heart, she accepts the little blue box from her hand and shift her eyes down, "Thank you, Yoshino-san."

The surrounding is a bit surreal at this point. The whole party circles her and the gift givers, and they're all waiting for their turn to hand Erina their presents and say some heartwarming words she'd never thought she'd receive as they would awe and smile for what's going on inside the circle.

Nearing the end of it, the blonde feels overwhelmed by gifts and kindness, and the goods she receives varies from cooking gadgets to personal stuffs such as a whole new series of shoujo manga given by Megumi-- again, maybe it's the one that create their bond best aside of sharing a room with her during the bootcamp for Régiment de Cuisine. But no, she's not complaining a single bit.

"...So I hope you like what I've given you, Erina-sama. I could never repay for what you have done for all of us." Hisako mutters, handing her the photo album she's made filled with their pictures as children until they beat central as a mark.

The circle of people is starting to get less crowded after each person. Those who are done just fled and get the party starts into a merrier surrounding with snacks, drinks, and Isshiki's naked apron (it's never really a party without it), which she's glad for because there is less attention for her.

"Thank you, Hisako. This is--" She looks down at the gift, trying her best to not let the emotions out and keeping her tears inside. Whatever the situation, Erina must looks composed at all times-- at least that's what she promised herself.

But instead of saying something that could get her choked up, she opens her arm for Hisako and holds her. The widened eye Hisako can only returns the hug softly and embrace her boss-- no, her best friend-- and show much she cherishes their relationship.

And when the pinkette releases the hug, Erina can't help but notices there is only one person who hasn't been around the whole time. Let alone giving her anything.