Isshiki's Farewell

In case it's not obvious enough, Erina will tell you one thing: she is not keen on parties.

Sure, she's been to countless gala dinners and food elite gatherings in the name of the Nakiri household, but really, 95% of the time she just want to get it over with-- especially if it's only mediocre buffet that is served. Hisako always carries a barf bag with her just in case the food is more terrifying than that nun ghost in an overrated horror movie.

Lucky for Polar Star gang, her opinion doesn't occur on its celebrations, and she's got no reason to miss Isshiki's and some other 3rd graders graduation and farewell party as it's being held in the Nakiri Mansion (Alice really insist to do this. Change of surroundings, she says). Of course, Erina doesn't get a say in this. Alice must have known she'd refuse if she did ask her, particularly because she kind of has an idea how the blonde sees and act around that brat called Yukihira Sōma.

Dang it! If only her body language would cooperate with her.

Naturally, Erina would still come to the dorm every now and then, but it's when Sōma walks in that burden returns in her chest thinking whom he might bring with him, so she hides it and pretend not to notice if he has Luna along with him behind girly conversations, manga, or her phone.

Which is what she's doing right now. At the corner of Nakiri Mansion's multifunction room which Alice has turned so sparkly that it's probably passable as a wedding reception (even the crowd just go along with her plan in dressing all mini dresses and linen shirts-- including her in a backless lavender dress her cousin forces her to put on), but she really doesn't give a hoot when Eishi keeps texting her things like:

I think it's only fitting that you and I go to Quintessence together...

A moment later, another text appears: To judge its worth as a French restaurant, of course! The place just received its 3rd Michelin star.

Coming from the timid senpai, it's surprising to her how he even has the guts to throw hints here and there, but it's not that she's oblivious, so she replies: Perhaps later. I'm at Isshiki-senpai's farewell party as about now.

I hope you're having fun with your friends over there. Just text me when you're back so I can book a table : )

Really, seeing a good-for-nothing kohai buttering up to her senpais with her so-called forest-themed dessert is the opposite of fun.

Just look at her-- putting on that monopoly dollar smile and forced confidence, especially how she intentionally brushes her arm against Sōma. Even Alice is starting to get closer to her now that she's in the cutting edge RS, patting her back like she's so proud of her offspring (sometimes she wonders how come her cousin has zero resentment towards her being in a higher seat).

Erina fidgets her phone in silence, eyes wander to the crowd, stopping occasionally for moments at where he's standing. Moments like this are just one of those where she doesn't realize when her eyes linger longer than it should at his red hair, and sometimes the striking golden hue of his eyes that locks with her amethyst ones at times. Or how his well-built figure smoothly waves through the crowd and into where she sulks herself at the corner.

Oh, wait...

"Yo! Earth to Nakiri!" A tap on her shoulder shook her up from her daydream, "What's the best girl cook in Tōtsuki doing alone in the corner like this?"

"E-Eh?! S-Something that doesn't concern you of course." The blonde shoots him down, noticing the redhead carrying a half-empty bottle of beer, "Have you been drinking that beer? Not that I particularly care."