Alice's Visit

It's when her father comes back to Tōtsuki that turns her queen-like demeanor into someone with less power than a slave.

Never in her life would she ever feel her heart sinking a million times a day if it's not because of Nakiri Azami's presence that it makes her sick to the deepest core of her stomach. A face of terror would wrap her all up and the way she trembles just thinking about him show everybody around her that he is as bad as people claim to be.

However, this dark time also opens her eyes into a world she never knows-- the people in Polar Star dorm have helped her in more than just giving her a shelter. Hisako, of course, stands by her through thick and thin. Also, as much as she hates admitting it, her meddlesome cousin Alice plays a big role in widening her perspective.

"Say, Erina," Alice begins, stirring some brown sugar into her black coffee, "How does it feel living here compared to our mansion?"

She's not exactly surprised by her question, she only wonders why she only asks after a lot of times visiting her in the Polar Star-- and the fact that she knows her cousin actually enjoys watching her being away from the privilege Nakiri mansion has to offer her.

"Why do you ask?" She asks back once her cup of chai is released from her lips.

"Mou, Erina, it's just a simple question! No need to be so rude." The white haired girl pulls off her signature pout-- which never works for Erina.

"It's just odd that of all questions, you must ask the one that is least of your concern." The blonde Nakiri doesn't hold back her answer as she takes another sip of her drink.

"Okay. How is living with Yukihira-kun?"

Alice has pulled the trigger, and the blonde chokes on her tea. But what pisses her off even more is her pale-skinned cousin covering her mouth to hide the giggle.

"W-WHA--" Erina coughs down her drink, "I- D-Don't you realize I too live with T-Tadokoro-san, Sakaki-san, Isshiki-senpai, and--"

"Cut it, Erina.I know you've lately been getting softer to him. Just look at you-- you're blushing." Alice winks.

"N-No! I-It's--"

"What about that time when you helped him taste that curry dish--"

"Th-That's way before I got here!"

"What about that time when you give him the encouragement to do well at Moon Banquet--"

"That wasn't the case at all!"

"But weren't you just in his room to eat his dish--"

"TH-TH-TH-THAT' DOESN'T MEAN I'M SOFTER! I--" Her nagging suddenly dims, "I... have yet to approve his cooking."

"Which I'm sure you have," Alice calmly says, "You just haven't told him."

Erina stills. Her amethyst eyes looking down at her fingers that are fidgeting the teaspoon. That goal of seeing him getting expelled has may be gone off her bucket list, but something's still in her way of her to act somewhat normal towards him-- she can just imagine his stupid leering face if she actually tells him.

"But you should be careful, Erina. That resentment you have towards Yukihira-kun can easily turn into the exact opposite! Right, Ryo-kun?"

"Yes... Milady is right..." Her aid for the millionth time going for another lazy, templated answer.

Oh, Alice. She never ceases to push her to the edge.

"N-Never."