Which One?

Even now that Erina finds herself constantly daydreaming about her man Eishi, she still can't pinpoint what it is that she has with Sōma. Really, it's mind-blowingly stupid how they finally see different people and are very happy with whom they are with, yet it still feels like something's amiss as if they have this unknown, unfinished business they need to sort out.

"Maybe it's just... you have an undeniable chemistry with him, Erina-sama. I think it's quite clear to some of us." Hisako smiles as she watches the blonde whipping up some cream for her cheese parfait.

Obviously, hearing that answer is something she doesn't want, and she quickly dismissed her for the day. Hisako being herself means she apologizes for 27 times after accidentally saying the buzzkill, but Erina can't blame it all on her-- maybe just cooking alone is all she needs.

She always force herself to believe that it's the unsatisfied feeling of having him still aiming for her 1st seat. Or maybe she's a little scared of the fact he could dethrone her as people (re: girls) are now starting to root for him and giving Takumi's fanclub a run for their money, but her pride always believes that first seaters shouldn't be afraid of anything, and will take on any challenges so flawlessly.

And that's why she's staying late at one of Tōtsuki's kitchen lab that evening after wrapping up on the whole autumn election business; preparing a new dish for the upcoming exhibition, and being a 1st seat means her dish must be immaculately jaw-dropping.

When all her other elements are done, she checks her phone to see if there's any text from Eishi while waiting for her dainty pink macarons to finish baking, but she's left with a frown seeing her homescreen empty.

"Nakiri-san? I thought you are home already."

A soft voice jerks her head towards the entrance. Standing there is the ever so angelic bluenette, whose face is genuinely shocked, and trailing behind her is the ever (ever!) so... frustrating, redhead.

"Oh, it's just you guys." She strokes her chest out of the slight shock, "No, Tadokoro-san. I'm working on a dish for the upcoming exhibition."

"Huh? Isn't that still two months away?" Sōma blinks.

"Well, unlike someone I know, I, Nakiri Erina, have to be well-prepared." Stressing her word, she flips her ponytail backward pompously.

As if he's oblivious to her sneer, he barges inside at her remark, "Awesome! Tadokoro and I would totally stay to be your test--"

"I-I-I'm so sorry, Nakiri-san! I-I'm heading home now to prepare myself as well! O-O-Oh my God, I-I'm probably the most irresponsible 7th seat ever, am I?" Megumi suddenly panics as if the event's held the next day.

"Aw c'mon, Tadokoro! And didn't you say you want a ride earlier?" Sōma tries persuade, but it doesn't seem to work by the way she replies.

"I-It's okay, Sōma-kun! You can stay and I'll just head home by myself! I-I'll see you guys around!"

"Ta-Tadokoro-san! I wasn't--"

And just before Erina finishes her sentence, she's gone out of the sight, leaving her hand hanging in the air-- and instantly feeling like the master of the devil has making her run for her life.

The sight has apparently make the redhead snickers away to the nearest chair to her, "Haha, y'know you should always be careful speaking around her, eh? The poor girl's scared for her life."

"Q-Quit laughing, like I was even talking about you, Yukihira!"

"Hey, don't have to ask me twice." He casually raises both hands in the air.