Isshiki's Farewell

Start from the beginning

"Huh? This? This ain't a beer, Nakiri. It's just another fermented stuff Sakaki's been working on. You won't feel a thing, 'least that's what she said." Sōma chuckles.

"I find that hard to believe. Remember that time on Régiment de Cuisine when she made the judge drunk with her test-phased sake?"

His chuckle gets louder, "Geez, how could I forget? That was actually kinda funny, don't you think?"

"I think what's more amusing is seeing the panic all over her face when that judge passed out after the 2nd bout." She pauses for a moment, but then a slight amusement shows within her feature as her mind wanders slowly back in time.

The 5th seat laughs with her followed with gradual dim of it between the two of them. Neither of them say anything immediately. She's actually enjoying the silence between them while he's leaning himself against the wall next to her. There's only them in the moment, listening to the hustle and bustle of the party. Their skin lightly gushed as he picks up the bottle and take another sip.

"Not a bad party, huh?" He chimes in.

"In all honesty, it's not." She replies, still looking at the crowd, "I'm just glad seeing Hisako enjoying herself and dancing a little."

"Well, Hayama is pretty smooth when it comes to kissing her ass, I'd say. If you know what I mean."

"And it's great to see Isshiki-senpai keep his clothes on for a moment."

"Yeah, literally for a moment. You'll see it in three, two, one..."

Just as Sōma finishes counting down, in the center of the room, Isshiki rips his clothes off and reveals his usual Kuma Bear apron covering only the front of his body. Erina palms her face when Sōma stays unfazed at the usual surrealness.

"And there's our 2nd seat." His face leans closer to her ear as he points at the half-naked senpai, "Y'know he's gonna start dancing soon, right?"

"It's not my first time around him, Yukihira. Maybe I'm a little glad he's finally graduated." She states, pushing her hair back.

"Trust me, you'll miss him as much as we would." He remarks, "Nyways, we haven't hung out like this in a pretty long time, eh? How you doin'?

"What are you talking about? We see each other at the dorm, classes, Elite Ten meetings--"

"Nah, not that. I mean y'know, talking like this. Thought you've been busy or something 'cause you seem to be on your phone a lot more than you used to. Even in Elite Ten meetings!"

She seems taken aback that he notices that, and she realizes if someone like Sōma notices, it means it's very, very obvious.

"Huh? Yes, seems like I am." She says, covering the truth of what's --or who's-- been keeping her busy.

"We've all been telling ya, Nakiri. You shouldn't overwork yourself all the time. Chill a little bit will ya? Even you're still holding your phone right now in the middle of a party."

Her eyes diverts to the pink object in her grasp, just aware of the fact Eishi's text is still sitting sweetly on her homescreen. He must be waiting for her to at least say okay or accept his invitation, but before she can think of anything, her wrist is pulled front by the redhead.

"C'mon, 'least let's get you a drink or somethin'" He urges her, and she just find it so impossible to resist that she reflectively places her beeping phone on the nearest table.

And so one drink turns into three before turning into one dance to some tacky, ears-bleeding nowadays song with an unfamiliar dizziness within her, but she decides to roll with it and only counting on Sōma's shoulder to keep her on her feet. So it can be safely said she's spent at least half of the party with the redhead. Until her body chooses to be somewhere more quiet, and that's where she faintly dragged Sōma to the mansion's swimming pool.