That Extra Mile.

Upon entering the park, you see a familiar face. 

A tall and tan male with tattoos watching as a large, white dog bounds around with a tennis ball in his mouth. "Bring it back now, Bepo~!" He calls out somewhat kindly for once, causing a smirk to spread across your lips as you make your way over.

Seems this guy isn't a full-on asshole!

Hell, you can't turn down this opportunity, telling Kid would draw the funniest reaction. Besides, Zoro shouldn't mind you running a minute or two late after he left you waiting at the gym for 30 minutes straight.

"Law!!" You holler at the guy as you rush up to him and he very slowly turns to face you and with each and every movement you're able to see more of his face. His horrified, mortified, deflated facial expression. 

Oh, such a happy soul!

"What?" He grumbles bluntly, his brows knitting together as his grey orbs land on your small frame. The aggravation as clear as day in his voice and his aura is already screaming for you to go away. "Oh, it's you again. Joy." 

Sarcasm, hey? Okay, I'll bite!

"Aw, it's a joy to see you too~!" Your voice sounds genuine and your smile looks it but your eyes scream 'go fuck yourself' as you rudely push Law aside, not hard enough to send him to the floor but enough for him to step out of your way. "But I'm actually here to see that little guy~!" 

Law following your sights to Bepo, the adorable bundle of fluff dropping his tennis ball the second he notices Chopper and quickly making his way over. Thankfully, he's a lot more friendly than his owner, giving Chopper a small sniff before the two begin to play. 

So cute!!

Law grunting at the scene as he rolls his eyes, his hands tucked deep into his pockets. 

"Come on now, Law! You know they're adorable!" You taunt the male some more, earning another grunt. Seems that him and Kid aren't so opposite after all, they both get irritated easily but they just handle it differently. 

"Fine. Your dog is a bit cute. But you're extremely annoying." The raven responds coldly, whistling for Bepo to follow him as he begins to walk away and his dog even responds straight away, bouncing over to Law and walking by his side.

Damn, I gotta train Chopper to do that!

Your eyes instinctively drifting toward your pet who's now picking up the tennis ball that Bepo had dropped earlier, a smirk etching into your features as you scoff to yourself.

Badass, Chopper. 

Usually, you'd return it for the dog's courtesy if nothing else but Law's bad parenting has lead to this because he was rushing the poor little fella. So yes, out of pure and childish spite, you're allowing Chopper to keep the ball. 

However, the smart little shit surprises you. He chases after Law and Bepo, simply stopping in front of them and firstly causing Law to stop in his tracks, Bepo following his owner in suit. Chopper then proceeds to drop the ball in front of them before running back to you. 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WHAT?! MY DOG IS OFFICIALLY MORE MATURE THAN ME!!

Your pride and joy reaching you just as a deep voice reaches your ears. "Damn, you train him to do that?" And swooon, your heart feels as if it's shriveling up and your stomach is all queasy again. 

Hello there, Zoro.

Turning around to face the green-haired man, you try to subtly calm your racing pulse, a small and sheepish smile gracing your lips. "Oh yeah, all in a day's work!" You jest accidentally sounding sarcastic since your brain is still in bitch-mode, courtesy of Law being a dick.

Damn it, I see why Kid hates that guy now!

Zoro thankfully doesn't seem bothered by it though, the greenette simply laughing it off as he removes his sweat-soaked shirt and your eyes just about blast out of your skull at the mere sight. 

This man's abs shine like crazy when he sweats and it's absolutely beautiful!

"It's too hot for this crap." The cutie seemingly feeling as if he needs to explain himself as he gets down to his knees once again and begins to run his hands through Chopper's fur. "Hey there, little buddy."

Damn. He's shirtless and loving on my dog! He's trying to give me a heart attack, I swear! 

"I don't know about you but I'm exhausted so I'm gonna have a sit down." You calmly murmur in your admiration-filled daze as you make your way over to the bench by the lake, Zoro and Chopper following behind you. "A certain doge thought it would be funny to drag me all the way here."

A simple 'burf' being the only thing Chopper has to say for himself, this causing Zoro to chuckle and boy, his genuine laughter sounds absolutely adorable. 

If this guy would just stop swooning me for five minutes, that'd be awesome!

"What, Chopper? Never!" Zoro playfully defends the pooch as he takes a seat beside you on the bench, peacefully staring at the lake. It's a warm day with a gentle breeze and there's plenty of ducklings around, all following their mothers in their little groups.

So damn cute!

"I'm surprised you aren't making me do 20 sit-ups, isn't that the purpose behind you contacting me?" You're only playing around but you sure don't miss the pale pink dusting Zoro's cheeks as he sheepishly turns his head away, clearly trying to hide it.

"I like...your company..." He murmurs quietly, his voice dipping a little as if he's shy. Of course, this has your eyes to springing open wide in surprise and your heart beating ninety to nothing. 

Huh??!

"Me? Why would you like my company?" Honestly, you're a bit shocked by that. Most people who don't know you all that well get annoyed with your jokes and such, your sense of humor frustrates them so this is a pleasant surprise for you.

...

Zoro! Say something you little bitch! You can't just stay silent after that!

... 

Apparently, you're not going to get an answer, so you decide to take the next step yourself. Leaning into the greenette, you wrap your arms around him firmly and give him a playful but tight hug. 

You can feel his body stiffen ever so slightly at first but he gradually begins to relax into your embrace, a sweet smile gracing his adorable face.

"I like your company too, greeny~!"