A Sweet Surprise.

"Kid isn't my boyfriend, y-you idiot!" You protest weakly, still trying to keep up your sprints on the exercise machine, your sides beginning to burn more and more by the second. "What the hell made you think that?!"

"Ah, my bad. I just assumed." Zoro chuckles to himself carelessly, the mere sight has you wanting to swat him around the skull. "How he spoke to Law when he thought you slept with him had me thinkin' he was your lover or something."

Seriously, whoever told this guy that going around and assuming such things was an appropriate way to act needs a slap also.

"Well he's not, he's my bro-friend!" You chuckle, deciding that turning it into a joke was better than flat-out throwing up all over the place. "He just really hates...L-Law! Fuck, my sides hurt!" The treadmill finally stopping once it had reached it's set target; 20 minutes. 

THANK THE HEAVENS!

A proud smile forming on your face as you step off of the tiresome thing, you feel as if you're getting somewhere now. Zoro following in suit and turning his machine off himself since he hadn't set a specific stop time for it. 

"Good..." He murmurs as he takes you back to the wide-open space on the floor, getting down to his knees and signalling for you to lay down and do your next round of sit-ups. 

You're not too sure what he was talking about when he said that but right now, you're too happy with your achievement to even care. The sit-ups are harder to do this time around but it's a healthy kind of struggle rather than one that will end up causing you injury and yes, that's another dig at Kid. 

"After this I'm getting a pizza." You grumble to yourself, your trainer raising a brow in response with a mocking smirk gracing his lips. You can already tell what he's thinking so you decide to cut straight to the chase. "If I keep these exercises up, it doesn't matter what I eat! Quit staring at me as if I'm a pig!"

"I wasn't judging you, I'm just impressed with your choice." Well, that one sends you reeling. "Care for company while you're eating? I wanna pizza too!" The greenette shocks you some more, your stomach now feeling more fluttery than pained and your face flushing immensely.

Wait, he wants pizza with me? Like a date?!

"Sure, why not."

Yes, [F/n]! Play it cool!

After working out and pretending that you hadn't just been swooned by the greenette, you both make your ways into the changing rooms and get showered and changed before leaving the gym.  

You're admittedly a little self-conscious about letting your hair dry on it's own but you couldn't be dealing with the gym's blow-dryers, they're cold and the air is weak so if you tried to use them, it would have taken you all day to get your hair dry. 

But now you must allow it to frizz in front of this hottie and that's pretty embarrassing.

God, why don't you ever have any mercy on me?!

But you refuse to let some stupid guy change how you are, you wouldn't be nervous in front of anyone else like this so you refuse to be nervous in front of him. 

Upon getting the pizza, you both make your way to a park bench to eat it and talk about this-and-that. Shockingly, you both like the same toppings. You've found out that this guy has a thing for alcohol, working out and napping. 

A man after my own heart. 

"What about you? What are you into?" Zoro questions just before stuffing his face with a slice of pizza, receiving a quiet hum as you ponder to yourself. You're a woman of simple interests but how to tell him that. 

"I like to do some graffiti, I'm real good at that. And donuts in cars, watching TV...y'know, the usual stuff." Your answer clearly surprising your new workout buddy, his brow quirking as he swallows his pizza. "And sometimes I like to kill people."

And just like that, Zoro's choking on the slice that he had attempted to swallow, drawing a wicked snicker from your lips. "I'm just playing, killing is something that I sometimes wanna do but I just don't." 

Not that this will stop him from choking...eh, he'll be fine.

A smirk etching into your features as Zoro leans over the back of the bench, finally managing to cough up the piece he was choking on, a subtle giggle leaving your lips as you watch him. Something about his strained expression has you feeling somewhat pleased.

Damn, he's a bit cute when he's pained.

It's a charming surprise when Zoro begins to laugh rather than judge you for your strange sense of humor, most don't really know how to handle it. 

"Well, you sure had me going for a second there!" The man murmurs with a slight cheer in his gruff voice as he finishes his final slice, lazily leaning back into the bench. "You really do graffiti though?"

A small shiver wracking up your spine at the question, you hadn't thought before blurting it out like that. You're not entirely sure if graffiti is legal around here, you sure haven't seen any and you don't much fancy the idea of being blamed for the graffiti that has been done by others and receiving the fines. 

Well, shit.

"Yeah, I do..." You murmur carefully, watching for Zoro's response to your answer closely, fearing for what he might say but the small smile tugging on his lips relaxes you immediately. Awesome, he's not a goody-goody. "Just don't tell anybody about it." Your voice coming out somewhat threatening and causing the male to snicker.

"Wouldn't dream of it." The greenette hums somewhat mockingly but also harboring a genuine tone to his voice, you don't necessarily get the chance to respond to his teasing since you see an adorable dog across the way.

Your eyes just about springing from your skull as a large grin graces your lips, extending your finger out to the brown animal. "Loooook~! A dog~!" However, your smile quickly fades when you notice something isn't quite right here. "I-Is...is he alone?"  

Zoro's gaze slowly trailing toward the cute animal, his brow quirked and his jaw pulled taut. Seems he doesn't like owners who leave their dogs alone either. 

"I don't see anyone with it...and there's no collar around his neck." 

Well, that cannot do! I'll save you, doggy!