56

56

- B L A I R E -

11.21.16 // 8:35 p.m.

THE RAIN FALLING from outside creates an eerie, dark mood that taunts me like a school bully. It's dark inside of T's room and I am huddled up in a corner near his big, dusty window. I am shivering due to the cold draft that is made from the thunderstorm. Another bolt of lighting flashes across the sky, making the room flood with light before going dark again.

I stand up, shaky on my legs as I walk towards the window. I lean on the sill and stare at the rain that continues to hit the soft, wet soil. It is dark outside, the moon casting a shadow over the trees and illuminating the gray raindrops. My body aches as I put my hand flat against the window, wanting nothing but to feel the wet soil and leaves outside beneath my fingertips and to feel the rain slip down my skin.

I place my head on the cold window and sigh deeply as thunder shakes the whole room. Suddenly, out of nowhere, someone slowly walks by, decked out in clad jeans and soaking sneakers. I am only able to see their ankles and down but, by the way the timid way they walk, I am able to tell it is not T.

I bang on the window with my fists, trying to gain their attention, but they just continue to walk by without even noticing me.

Soundproof windows.

My heart begins to hammer in my chest as I look around the room frantically, as if something magical would happen and I would be able to escape. But, just like it has always been, there is nothing. I thrust my hands into my hair in frustration and groan.

Think, Blaire, think!

My brain feels numb, my head is pounding from the adrenaline coursing through me. Suddenly, a loud boom echoes throughout the house, causing me fall to the ground and smack my head against the concrete.

________________

almost to the end! thanks for reading! don't forget to vote and comment:)

- jayymckenziee