08

08

- S U T T E R -

11.07.16 // 4:27 a.m.

DIMLY LIT fluorescent lights is all I see on the way home from the police station. I mean, there are the bright lights from the buildings waking up near the crack of dawn, but everything is blocked out by my blurry vision.

I grip the steering wheel tightly, my knuckles turning a deathly white color as my nails dig into the leather. I can't stop shaking, no matter what I do, nothing seems to calm the constant overbearing beating of my heart, threatening to break loose from my rib cage.

I stare at the passengers seat dully. Blaire's gold iPhone rest in the seat, the lights hitting it perfectly, making it glare in my eye. Text messages and social media notifications continue to pop up every few seconds, the chimes coming from her phone being the only thing that fills the ghostly silence.

My eyes continue to scan over the area I am in, as if something magical would happen and Blaire would appear in the middle of the street with a large smile on her face saying 'I pranked you!'

God, Blaire, where are you?

My heart swells in my chest, trying it's hardest to fill the empty void that is growing bigger by the second, gnawing my insides and ripping me apart.

I love you Blaire, please send me a sign. Anything!

My eyes become filled to the brim with tears threatening to spill over at any second. Dots blind my vision and I let go of the steering wheel and close my eyes, pressing my foot down harder on the gas petal.

My car jerks forward, then swerves off of the road and crashes into a lamppost. I lurch forward from the contact and then my body is forcefully thrown back, causing my head to hit the back of the seat hard.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and step out of the smoking vehicle. The front of my car is totaled. It collapses into itself and both of the headlights are now on the cement, still blinking.

     "Shit," I curse under my breath, thrusting a hand into my already messed up hair and feeling blood start to trickle down my scalp.

     "Looks like you have a problem," a clean, smooth voice says from behind me. I turn around and in the shadows stands a man's silhouette. I couldn't see his face but I could make out that he had white translucent hair.

He steps out of his shadow and his pale, familiar face comes into view. He gives me a ghost of a smile and I stare at him, completely dazzled. In one swift motion, he is standing in front of me, examining my car, as if he is a car retailer.

I stand there, paralyzed, not really knowing what to say. The fake manager from the club places a pale, slender finger on his cracked lips that have formed into a smile.

"Where is Blaire?" I whisper harshly, my voice seething through the spaces in my teeth. He begins to laugh, clutching his stomach as if I am the funniest person he has ever met.

"I don't know, Sutter, where is Blaire?" I grip the front of his tux, the same one he was wearing at the club and stare into his crystal blue orbs. He smirks, raising a dark eyebrow that makes his forehead crease.

"Don't play games with me. I know you took her. You have ten seconds to tell me where she is or I will kill you myself," I say. He just chuckles again.

"Do it then, Mr. Canton. Kill me," he challenges.

I grip his clothing tighter and raise my fist, but when I swing, my hand comes in contact with nothing, but air. I open my eyes and the Manager is gone. There isn't a single trace of him except for a ghostly aroma he left behind.

What the hell...

A note suddenly falls from the sky and pirouettes down until it lands right in front of my feet. I pick it up with nimble fingers and open it delicately.

You're imagining, Mr. Canton.

This is nothing but a dream.

- T

_____________

Thanks for reading !!! Sorry for grammar. I will edit this later :/
Don't forget to vote and comment :)

-jayymckenziee