Shaking her head, she could only laugh as she began to read one of her books, all the while he leaned over to read over her shoulder. It didn’t take long for Sigyn to find his arm around her while she lay her head on his chest and read. With the fire dying and the idea of sleep dwelling in her mind, she felt her body curl up next to his. Her arm draped across his torso and her head remained on his chest. A blanket being brought up around then was the last thing she remembered before slipping into unconsciousness.

---

The sun rudely awoke Sigyn the next morning. She found herself still on the ground clinging to Theoric, his head resting on the top of hers and his arms wrapped around her in a protective manner. Groaning, she quietly and carefully moved his arms so she could go stand at the balcony. She had no doubt in her mind that he would be in trouble for missing Thor’s appointment in Midgard last night… or perhaps not.

From the balcony, she could see Thor walking through the gates hand in hand with that of a mortal. She was had soft brunette hair and a strange attire. Her face lit up every time she saw something new and would point wildly before clinging tighter to Thor. She couldn’t help but laugh at the two in the courtyard.

“What’s so funny?” Theoric was now standing behind her on the balcony, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist forcing her back into his chest.

She could feel before even turning partly in his arms that he had dressed back into his armor he had removed the night before. Trying not to show the disappointment of feeling a sheer cloth rather than metal against her back, she shook her head and laughed and pointed down to Thor and the girl.

“Ah, that must be Lady Jane, the woman that Thor has fallen for from Midgard.”

“Perhaps it was best that you did not attend Thor last night, it seems as if he had better company.”

“Mmm perhaps he did but I can guarantee it was not as good as mine.” His lips tickled her ear and he kissed her shoulder and then her neck.

Sigyn shivered against his touch, never had she felt this way before, let alone let anyone touch her in this way. She wasn’t angry, just worried that she would do something wrong to drive him away. His cloak blew around her, allowing her to snatch it in her hand and fiddle with the edge of it. Turning slightly in his arms, he kissed her cheek lightly, pressing his forehead against the side of hers.

“I have some matters to take care of with the council, will you okay for the morning and seeing yourself to healing lessons?”

Nodding, she turned so she was facing him; his hazel eyes making her heart sputter. Something about the way he looked at her made her want to live in that moment for the rest of her life. One of his hands that had been on her waist suddenly came to wipe a stray hair from her face, but it lingered on her cheek. Cupping her face lightly in his, she felt him pull her waist closer to him and his face inclined to meet hers. Her eyes slid closed and she felt his warm breath on her face and then finally, his lips upon hers.

It was soft and welcoming, had she known that this was what she was missing out on she would have kissed him sooner than now. She felt her entire body melt into his and he must of noticed too as he smiled against her lips. Her hands came around his neck and pulled him closer, if that was at all possible. Their unspoken attraction finally seemed to have a it’s own language as they stood there on the balcony in the Asgardian Sun.