Chapter 16

Grayson's P.O.V
Ethan and I just left Madi's house and in our sisters car. Thank god she could pick us up cause I hate ubers, I get weird vibes.
"Seems like moving here was a good thing?" Cameron said looking at me through the rear view mirror since I was stuck in the back.
"Yeah, he already got a little feisty." Ethan said smirking and gave me the side eye.
"Shut up Ethan, so did you!"
"Woah woah hold on what?! What are you guys talking about?" Cameron practically yelled as she pulled into our driveway. Ethan and I shot towards the door handles to get out but Cameron locked them before we could.
"Uh uh no, you guys aren't leaving until you tell. What happened?" She said adjusting herself in her seat to look at both of us. There was a small silence until Ethan spoke up.
"Ok Grayson and I...possibly..." Ethan trailed off as he saw Cameron literally starting into his soul.
"We made out with those girls!" I blurted out so fast it was so hard to understand. I heard Ethan sigh and Cameron's jaw drop. I was expecting a full on lecture in the car but, to my surprise, she started to smile. Is you okay Cam?
"Grayson! You kissed a girl?!" She said with excitement.
"Uhh yeah? Why-"
"Oh my god! I have to tell mom and dad. They are going to tease you so bad!" Cameron said unlocking her door and booking it to the house. Ethan and I both got out of the car and started chasing Cameron.
"Cam! No! I swear!" I yelled and caught up to her in the kitchen when she suddenly stopped. Ethan ran up behind bumping into us. We saw our parents standing in the kitchen and it looked like they were discussing something important. They're jaws were clenched signaling we probably interrupted them. My dad sighed and my mom crossed her arms looking at us.
"Kids, can you go somewhere else? Your dad and I are trying to discuss something." Mom said to us. I hate when they do this. It's usually about their jobs or Cameron's college since she just graduated. Either way, it usually means something isn't working out. Great.
We all nodded and we went upstairs into our rooms. I followed Ethan into his room since I really didn't have anything else better to do. He plopped down on his bed and I sat in his desk chair. We sat in silence for a little while looking at our phones.
"Bro Madi's texting me." Ethan said not looking up.
"You got her number?" I asked getting up and sitting next to him on the bed.
"Yeah man, you didn't get (Y/N)'s?" He said looking at me like I was a little crazy. I shook my head and he sighed, smiling a little.
"I gotta teach you a few things about how to get girls man."
"You're teaching me now? Wow, thanks. Means a lot." He smiled shaking his head.
"Cause you actually got a girl liking you for being you, not trying to be me. But I can see why you'd want to be me though." He said smirking and I playfully pushed him. We laughed when our Mom called up to us.
"Boys! Can one of you come here please!"
"Grayson!" Ethan said nudging me off the bed. I just rolled my eyes and sighed as I ran down to the kitchen.
"Yeah mom?" I said.
"Can you run to the store real quick and get a couple things for me?" She said handing me a list with like 3 things on it and $20.
"Yeah but why do I have to?" She laughed a little and ruffled my hair.
"Cause your brother did it last time and have you met your sister? Now go before it gets darker out." She shooed me away and I headed out. We live on the end of the street and there's a big field on the side of our house. There's a little store on the other end in a small plaza and we only go there if we're running low on just a few things. Not gonna lie, it gets kinda creepy when it's dark out. Yeah there's a path to walk through but the random noises out in the grass make me a little uneasy. I walk in to the store and I get the things on the list. I guess we needed milk, toothpaste, and cereal. I grabbed everything, paid for it, and headed out with the bags. Before I walked on the path I started to have this uneasy feeling, well more than usual. I looked around but no one was there, except for the cars on the road next to the store. I just shook it off and began to walk down the path. I kept feeling I was being followed so I picked up my pace. The sky was much darker now and I could see the lights from my house. Relief washed over me and I slowed my pace, but just as I did I heard a stick snap behind me and an almost inaudible laugh. I froze on the spot and didn't move a single muscle. I heard multiple footsteps get closer and they stopped right behind me. My heart was beating out of my chest and fear prevented me from being able to move. There were three shadows behind me and I saw the middle one lean in close to my ear. I closed my eyes awaiting what he was going to do.
"I thought you learned your lesson smart guy."