Chapter 15

Ethan's P.O.V
"It's your ex." (Y/N) said.
Oh hell no. If he's coming here to get her back, he's gonna get a rude awakening. How do you break such a nice girl? He knocked again and everyone jumped. I had to show him what's up so I stood up from the couch and walked over to the door. (Y/N) put her hand out in front of me and gave me a what the hell are you doing look. I gave her a reassuring look and she nodded walking over to the couch and sitting next to Madi. I opened the door and there stood a kinda short boy. He had light brown hair and he was holding a bouquet of flowers behind his back. He looked fairly confused, probably not expecting a very handsome man to open the door.
"Uh hi I'm Johnny um I'm looking for Madi." He said avoiding eye contact with me.
"Oh she's not here right now. Want me to leave her a message?" I said sounding a little irritated. I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame.
"Uh yeah. Um just tell her I said I'm really sorry and I wish I could've changed everyday I had with her for the better. And give her these..." he took the flowers from behind his back and handed them to me.
"Thank you and have a good day." He said putting his hands in his pockets and walking off. I walked back inside and Madi, (Y/N), and Grayson popped up from behind the couch. Madi had a saddened look on her face and turned around sitting on the couch and put her head in her hands. (Y/N) scooted next to her and rubbed her back. I made my way towards the couch and put the flowers on the table. Grayson stood up and patted my back and walked towards (Y/N) to grab her hand. He made her stand up and they made their way to the kitchen and gave me time to talk to her, as if he could read my mind.

Your P.O.V
Grayson took you to the kitchen table and you guys sat down. You were so caught up in thought that you didn't realize you were still holding Grayson's hand. He didn't seem to notice either until you let go of it and rubbed your hands over your face.
"Does she still like him?" Grayson asked you.
"I don't know. Before they broke up, she would do anything for him. She loved him with all her heart. But he on the other hand used her for popularity. He could of cared less about her." You answered honestly disgusted.
"Ethan knows the feeling." Grayson said looking down.
"What happened?" You asked leaning on your arm to face him. He took a deep breath and adjusted his glasses.
"It was our freshman year and this girl caught his attention. I knew right then and there she was trouble, she was the bully of the school. Ethan never saw her bully anyone, it was always behind his back. Ethan was popular, as usual, and she used him just like how Madi was used. After the first few weeks, she treated him like..." he trailed off and you knew he was too innocent to use profanity.
"Shit." You said smiling at him. He giggled and continued.
"Yeah. Ethan gave her everything from chocolates to jewelry to get her attention, it never worked. One day he was heading to her locker and she saw her kissing this other dude. His heart was shattered. Just as things couldn't get any worse, she walked over to him and said, and I quote," I can't be with you anymore, I found someone who treats me right. Bye Ethan." Grayson explained and he closed his eyes and sighed harshly. Your jaw dropped at how cruel her words were towards him. You teared up a little and you got up from your seat. Walking to the living room you saw him holding Madi's hand  and she looked content. Ethan let go of her hand and stood up seeing your watered eyes. You wrapped your arms around him tightly and he realized why instantly. He wrapped his arms around you even tighter and a single tear slipped down your face. You pulled away and smiled at him. He gave you warm smile and you looked over at Madi. You tackled her in a hug and she smiled hugging you tighter. Grayson walked over and hugged Ethan. Everyone pulled away from one another and we all smiled. Grayson saw your tear and walked up next to you and wiped it gently with his thumb. He held your hand and gave you a small smile. He walked to the couch and you both sat down and Ethan sat next to Madi. There was a comfortable silence when you decided to break it.
"I love you guys." You said leaning your head on Grayson's shoulder and grabbing Madi's hand.
"Love you (Y/N)." Madi and Ethan said. Grayson tightened his grip on your hand and turned his head towards your ear and whispered," I love you more."