Magic

"Do you believe in magic?" Taylor whispers.

It's 2am and both she and Ed are awake, although they aren't sure why. They're sprawled out on the bed, Taylor's head resting against his chest. It's comforting to be wrapped up in the arms of the one you love, it makes you feel safe.

"Nope," he answers , "I believe everything happens for a reason."

"Like what?"

"Like working for what you want and then getting it. I got a record deal because I worked hard, and so did you."

"You know that's not what I meant." she says with a smirk.

"Then what do you mean?"

"Unicorns, fairies, that kind of stuff. And don't forget the wizards!"

"Maybe, although you'd have to prove to me that they exist."

"But I can't! That's the beauty of magic: believing in things that we can't see!"

"Well then I guess I do believe," he tells her, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"And why is that?" Taylor questions.

"So," he says, placing his warm hand on her waist, bringing her closer, "I love you, although you can't see it physically, so that's magic, right?"

"Of course! But I would have much preferred if you had said that I was a pixie or a mermaid," she winks at him, tangling her fingers in his messy hair to pull his mouth to hers.