Days Like This (Part 2)

It’s days like this where he misses her most. He’s sitting in a local bar surrounded by all of his closest friends, but someone is still missing. He knows that he’s the only one to feel her absence like this, and he never feels complete without her by his side. Even after burying his feelings and swearing that he won’t go after her, his heart still years for her; it’s against his will.

The first time they met was at a writing session. When he looked at her and their eyes met, it felt like he’d known her for forever. She was also the most beautiful being he’d ever encountered, both inside and out. With her deep blue eyes, lean physique and genuine personality, it was hard for someone not to love her.

His friend is waving his fingers in front of his face, trying to desperately get his attention. He’s telling some story that he’s heard many times already and he just wants to go back to thinking about the gorgeous blonde that he’s lucky to call his best friend.

Later that night, he stumbles into his apartment completely drunk. He may have lost count on how many drinks he had and he knows he’ll regret it in the morning, but for now, he feels good. He still hadn’t stopped thinking about her and he feels a sudden pang of longing, more painful than it had been all night and he has no clue why.

In his drunken state, all he wants is for her to know how he feels. He searches around in the dark for a few minutes and finally finds his phone. He turns it on, rubbing his eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness before sending the text.

To Taylor: I miss you.

Seconds after the message sends, Ed throws the phone across the room and slumps onto his bed, finally feeling the exhaustion setting over him and succumbing to it. He knows he may or may not regret this in the morning, but for now, he just hopes that she feels the same.