Maybe

Maybe all the heartbreaks weren't all for nothing. Maybe they were lessons, always teaching her new things about herself and how to treat others. Maybe she was meant to get her heart broken this many times before she met him. The man who she knew would never break her heart.

He's in the kitchen right now, making supper, and their son Eli is watching him intently. He's also taking the things that his Ed is cooking and eating them without him noticing. He's always been sneaky like that, ever since he was little.

Their daughter Annalise is curled up with her mom on the sofa, reading a book. At 6 years old, she was already smarter than most kids her age. Taylor is petting her hair and helping her out with the words that she doesn't quite understand yet.

When dinner is served, they all sit around the table and talk about their day. Annie picks on her younger brother and Ed complains about his manager, but it's never anything serious. It's obvious that this family has nothing but love for each other.

Later, they all sit in the living room. The kids are drinking hot cocoa while they all play a game of cards that Eli had learned that morning in class. They're all laughing when Taylor throws a fit about losing, but she soon joins in and Ed gives her a kiss.

The kids get tucked in with a goodnight kiss and an 'I love you', and it's much the same for their parents. They share a lingering kiss and whisper sweet words in each other's ears and celebrate their 8 year anniversary the way most people do.

After all these years, their love has only grown stronger. Maybe all her past break-ups were meant to lead her to him, so maybe they weren't all that bad. And she knows that this is the love that she spent her whole life dreaming of and she's never going to let it go.