The First Kiss

"Are you serious?" Taylor giggles, although she knows the story that Ed is telling her is completely true.

"Yes!" he laughs along with her. "Oh God, my cat is so weird."

"Not as weird as mine," Taylor states, trying hard to keep a serious expression on her face, but she fails as a smile tugs at the corners of her lips.

They had spent most of their night in the same way, talking about whatever would come to mind. Sometimes it was a silly story and other times it was to get advice on a problem they were going through, but the conversations always ended with smiles on both of their faces. They had also been sipping on wine throughout the evening, which might be the reason for all the giggling.

As Taylor takes the last sip from her glass, her eyes wander over to the clock and she gasps. She hadn't realized how much time had passed and she knew that Ed needed to get home since he had an interview earlier the next morning.

"Um, Eddie?" she pokes his arm, trying to get his attention.

"Yes?" he draws out the word.

"You have to leave now," she says with a sheepish smile on her face.

"Miss Swift, are you kicking me out?" he asks, smirking at her.

"Yes, now come one," she takes his hand to help him up from where he was sitting on the floor and leads him to the front entrance of her house so that he can put his coat on.

As he opens the door, she says "Hey, don't I get a hug?"

He turns around and pulls her in, squeezing ever so slightly. As they part, their faces hover close together and Taylor gets a sudden urge to kiss him, maybe due to the alcohol she had consumed earlier, and that's exactly what she does. She presses her lips softly to his for a moment and pulls away to see the shocked expression on her best friend's face, although he had kissed her back.

"What? Haven't you been kissed before?" she giggles again and pushes him out as she locks the door, a grin spread wide upon her face that had no intentions of disappearing anytime soon.