Out of the Spotlight

A warm hand presses on the small of her back, urging her forward. As they near the car, Taylor's hand snakes out, searching for the one that was previously touching her. As she finds it, she remembers that this isn't allowed. Nobody knew about her and Ed and she wanted to keep it that way, at least for a little while.

As they slip into the limo, she lets out a contented yet frustrated sigh when she feels Ed's soft fingers finally slipping through her own.

"Hey, what's the sigh for?" he questions.

"I just wish we could do this all the time; be together. I wish I could hold your hand or kiss you whenever I wanted to, but I just can't and I wish I could! You know I wish I could!" Taylor practically yells, exasperated.

"Shh babe, I know. It will be alright," he says, using his free hand to turn her head so she could meet his gaze.

She rests her forehead against his. "I just - I ju- I don't know," she mumbles.

Ed tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, putting it back in place. Then, pulling her to him, he gives her a tight hug, his silent way of letting her know that he understands what she means although she barely said anything. "I love you," he whispers into her ear, "no matter what. And yes, sometimes I wish we could just tell everyone about us, but keeping it a secrets can fun sometimes! It's more romantic this way."

"I know," finally a laugh escapes her lips and Ed knows she's finally feeling a bit better. He had a way of soothing and comforting her, even in her worst moments and she will forever be grateful to him for that. He has been her rock for the past two and a half years, and without him, she has no clue where she'd be right now, although she's certain she wouldn't be this happy and at peace.

One day, they will tell the world about this great love, but for now, they're going to enjoy keeping this little secret and take advantage of it while it lasts. Not because they think that they're feelings will fade, they know that that's not possible, but because it's fun and they will learn more about each other and themselves out of the spotlight.