Annalise

The sound of running footsteps disturbs the quiet house. Taylor and Ed are just waking up, knowing that they're daughter will be jumping on their bed in a matter of seconds. In the few moments left, they share a sweet kiss and whisper their 'good morning's.

"Momma, dadda, wake up!" the young girl squeals, as they feel the mattress sink in the place where their daughter just landed.

"Shh, Annalise, it's only 7 o'clock. You don't want to wake your brother now, do you?" Taylor asks.

"No, but I had to see you momma because it's your birthday!"

"It is! And you know what your mom would like?" Ed questions the little girl, who proceeds to shake her head with a curious look in her eyes, "She'd love to sleep in a bit longer."

Her head droops and she crawls off the bed, starting to head back to her room.

"Annie!" Taylor laughs, "Get in here!" And at that, her footsteps are heard once again as she comes tumbling onto the bed and into her mother's arms, now sandwiched between her two parents.

Under the sheets, Taylor and Ed's hands are intertwined. Even after all these years, nothing has changed. Well, it has, after getting married and having two kids, with a third on the way, it's inevitable, but they have only grown to love each other more. They are still best friends, and that's something that will never change.