More Than Cupcakes

A summer breeze wafts through the kitchen, mingling with the smell of the cupcakes that are in the oven. Taylor is looking in her cabinets in hopes of finding another bowl to make the chocolate cake batter in.

She sighs in defeat, realizing that she has in fact used all of them and will have to wash one if she wants it. The timer dings just as she turns on the water, signaling that her cupcakes were ready. Deciding that this was her cue to not make a cake and just decorate the cupcakes extra nicely, she turns off the tap and goes to get them. She lets them cool off for a few minutes before taking out the tubes of homemade icing.

A knock on the door surprises her, not because it was unexpected, but because she was so wrapped up in her task that she forgot to check the time. She wipes her hands on her apron and opens the door to reveal Ed.

"You've been baking," he states.

"What, no 'hello babe, nice to see you'?" she laughs, pulling him in for a kiss and them leading him to the kitchen.

She points to the two last cupcakes that need to be decorated and says, "We need to finish these before anyone gets to taste anything, alright?"

Ed just nods his head as she passes him a tube of icing, both of them trying to outdo each other, but knowing that Taylor's will obviously be better. She's had more practice than him, although he has gotten better after spending so much time with her.

He throws away the empty icing bags and, seconds later, Taylor feels his arms wrapping around her waist and he leaves a kiss on her neck.

"I love you, you know that?" he whispers.

"More than cupcakes?" she giggles.

"Definitely more than cupcakes," and with that, she turns around and meets his lips with her own.