(The Sad) Life of Colonization

Start from the beginning

The boys continued to play.

The memory changed.

It was now dark and England and France came back with loads of paperwork in their arms.

The twins walked downstairs at hearing the door open.

"Yay, your here, we can play now." America smiled.

France kneeled down in front of him, "I'm so sorry cher, we can't. We have a lot of work to get done."

"But you promised." Canada said.

"Yes, and we are terribly sorry. How about tomorrow?" England asked.

The twins sighed and nodded, "Okay."

"Do you promise?" Canada asked.

They both nodded, "We do,"

The memory changed.

The next morning.

The twins came downstairs.

"Where's Daddy and Papa?" Maska asked as they looked around.

Canada saw a note on the table and pointed to it, "Look,"

America climbed up on a chair and grabbed the note and read it, "It says that they had another meeting and they'll be back later."

"I guess we can play later," Canada sighed and said sadly.

The two sat at the table and ate the crepes that France and England left on it.

When they were finished, they went outside and started to talk with the animals and play with them. 

As the day went by, England and France still weren't home.

The sun had set and it was now dark.

The boys came back in, "Their still not back yet," Maska said sadly.

The boys made themselves sandwiches ate started to eat.

France and England finally came back.

They kissed their sons' foreheads, "Sorry we're late poppets, the meeting went on longer then expected."

France looked at Canada, "We have a lot of paperwork to do cher, maybe we can play tomorrow?"

Canada shook his head and put on a fake smile, "That's okay Papa, you have a lot of work to do."

 After they finished eating, they headed upstairs, "They broke their promise again," Canada said sadly, "Do they even want to play with us?"

"Their just really busy." Maska tried to comfort his brother.

But honestly, he didn't believe it himself.

A few countries glared at France and England who felt a bit guilty.

They had left their children alone for meetings, not even after three weeks after colonizing them.

They had been filling out alot of paper work and having many meetings about their new colonies' land.

The Mexicos weren't surprised at the fact that England and France were leaving their brothers alone so soon after colonizing them.

Spain did the same thing to them.

The memory changed again.

(The next day)