Ꭶιи #13

Kiërra

My dad was heartbroken when I told him about what mom been doing. He even shed a few tears and I cried along with him 'cause I felt so bad. Dad instructed that a doctor be in the room whenever mom came to visit him. I also had to convince him that her ass should be put in jail. He loved her too much to put her away but I told him any woman who tried to kill a man that's been taking care of her for so many years deserves to get shot so he settled for jail time.

I told Davion and Romeo too. It took me, Sierra, Tyson and Romeo to hold Davion back and convince him not to confront mom. He's so mad that he's not even talking to her anymore.

But even after all this, the wedding must go on. I plan on exposing mom there, where hundreds of people will be watching.

Right now I was at Tyson's house. I had just got done telling both him and his mom everything. Ms. Cecilia is the closest thing I have to a mother right now since my own tried to kill my father and is using me for money. "Oh honey, I knew your mother had the soul of the devil the first time I met her." Ms. Cecilia said rubbing my back in a comforting matter. "The saying never trust a pretty face is associated with her."

"Ms. Cecilia, we saw that you and this Orlando guy were high school sweethearts. Can you please tell us what happened back then?" I begged.

Ms. Cecilia sucked in a breath. "Please ma." Tyson said gently. "It would give us some answers."

Ms. Cecilia closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Orlando and I were high school sweethearts, like you said," she started. "I loved that man with everything in me and I thought he felt the same way but it was only after, when he went to college, that I found out he already had a family." She shook her head in a disappointing matter. I was young and I knew dating a college boy wasn't a good idea but I loved him and I wanted to prove to the other girls that I can get and keep an older man."

"How did you find out about Orlando and my mom?" I asked her.

"Orlando was away at college. At the time, my parents couldn't afford to send me to college so I spent most of my time working at a local diner as a waitress. If I wasn't doing that then I was always talking to Orlando. I had a weekend off of work and I decided to surprise him..."

Twenty-three years ago

I walked into the college with high hopes. It's been months since I've seen Orlando and I was excited to hold him in my arms and for him to tell me he loved me face to face.

I remembered him telling me his dorm room number and he also said he wasn't rooming with anyone for the moment because his old roommate got kicked out of school. That made me happier because that meant we'll be alone all weekend.

But when I got upstairs everything was anything but bittersweet. I knocked on his door, excitement flowing through my body. When he answered he didn't look too happy to see me. Shocked, was more like it.

"C-Cecilia, what are you doing here?" He asked nervously. He had stopped me from coming in. The door wasn't fully open so I couldn't see inside.

"I came to see you baby!" I beamed but my smile soon faded into a frown when I noticed his facial expression. "You're not happy to see me?"

"Of course I am baby," he said and peaked into the apartment behind him. "But now is not really a good time."

"Why-"

"Baby who's at the door?" A woman's voice asked from inside.

"No one Shanae!" He called back to her.