Ꭶιи #3

Kiërra

"So what did you and Christopher do upstairs?" My mom asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

We were on our way home and the car ride was going well till my mom brought up Chris. "We did nothing mother." I replied letting my annoyance be audible.

"So you guys were in his room for about an hour and you didn't do anything?"

"That's what I said, didn't I?"

My mom glared at me through the rare view mirror for giving attitude but oh well, she was the one asking irrelevant questions that didn't concern her.

"Anyways Kiërra. You know The Back To School Kickback we have every year?" My dad asked and I nodded. "Well it's this weekend." He informed me.

I honestly forgot school started next week. I've been so caught up with irrelevant things my mother's been planing for me that I completely forgot about the important things.

The Back To School Kickback is sort of like a community fair that the church organizes. The whole community (the rich and the poor) comes together and just has fun for a day. I really look forward to it at the ending of summer.

"And I put you in charge of the kissing booth." My mother said casually while applying some makeup like we weren't going home.

"You did what?!" I yelled in anger.

"Lower your tone young lady!" Mom scolded.

"Are you out of your damn mind? I have a boyfriend if you haven't forgotten!" I yelled.

"She's not doing the kissing booth Shanae." Dad said.

"And why the hell not?" My mom asked looking at him like he was stupid for butting in.

"Because like she said, she has a boyfriend. I'm not letting my daughter go out there and kiss a bunch of random boys and have people talk about her. She's not like that and I will not let you make her look like she's some easy girl."

"Well that's just too bad," My mother said not even listening to what my dad was saying. "I signed her up and she's doing it."

"No she's not." Dad said firmly.

"She's doing it!" Mom said raising her voice.

"Do not test me Shanae because you will regret it. She is not doing it and that's final!"

I love it when dad came to my rescue. Mom didn't say anything for the rest of the ride and we arrived home shortly after the argument.

When dad pulled up into our driveway he didn't get out. "Kiërra, can you give your mother and I a minute?" He asked.

"Gladly." I said with a wide smile on my face.

"You need to stop calling her Kiërra. I named her Miracle, her name on her birth certificate is Miracle so you will address her as Miracle." I heard my mother say as I got out the car.

I rolled my eyes and made sure to slam the door. My mother irritates the hell out of me sometimes.

I walked into the house and saw Romeo sitting at the island eating a bowl of cereal. I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs without saying anything to him. I wasn't in the mood for any smartass comments he had to make.

When I got into my room I changed into something more comfortable and sat down on my bed to watch TV. I was texting Kiona when someone knocked on my door. "Come in!" I yelled.

My door opened and Davion walked in holding something. It took me a while to see it was a dog. "Casper!" I cheered and rushed over to them.

I took the dog out of Davion's hands. I started making kissy faces at it. "I miss you so much baby." I said in a baby voice.