Ρrologυε

Where do I start?

Well I guess I should start by saying that my father is the deacon at my grandfather's church and my grandfather is the pastor. Could you see where I'm going with this? No? Then let me elaborate more for you. If you thought being a pastor's daughter was hard then try being a pastor's granddaughter. My grandfather be on that old Christian Values type shit, its hectic.

My mother. Oh, my dear beloved mother. She's a piece of work. She's the Pastor's daughter and a damn drama queen. She's always on my back about finishing school and marrying a good, rich man and start a family, the christian way. She wants me to be a housewife. You know, cook and clean and look after the kids but I'm not that type of person. I wanna work. I mean, yeah, one day I'll get married and take care of my family but I wanna work. I don't want to be like more than half the woman in my neighborhood, including my mom. They're all fake. They act like they all like each other when everything between them is a competition, a competition to be the best housewife and best neighbor. Its basically a popularity contest around here and its annoying as shit.

My dad is cool, as cool as a Christian dad could be. He's not strict or anything, he leaves that for my grandfather. He's a fun person to be around. Always humble and happy and just easy to talk to. He says he sees a lot of him in me. Stubborn and independent. The two traits we mostly have in common. Being the deacon in his father-in-law's church, my dad has a lot of responsibilities. Sometimes I wonder how him and my mom are together. They are total opposites but I guess opposites attract.

As you can see my life is basically revolved around my faith and the church but I feel like the odd one out. Well except for one of my older brothers, Romeo. We are both like the black sheep of the family but yet we can't get along. He thinks I'm a problem to his life and the feeling's mutual. I'm an average teenager. I get in trouble in and out of school, I rebel, I disobey, I think I know everything but living in this bougie ass neighborhood all those traits label you as a troubled child.

We live in a small town. Population of about 300 people. Everybody knew everybody or at least knew of everybody. There's two elementary schools, one being private and one being public. There's one middle school which is why we all knew each other. There's two high schools, again one being private and one being public and there's one college and one university that you have to either have a paid scholarship to attend or have money. We have a few community centers but you'll never find a kid from my neighborhood around there. They think they're too good to be sharing a hangout with the 'poor'. That's the ignorance I don't like. The only time the upper class and the lower class associate with each other is on Sunday, for church. People are really judgmental around here and there's always someone watching you. Whether you think your doing something sneaky there's always someone around to tell your secrets.

Anyways, somewhere in my crazy, hectic life I fell in love. But not with someone my family approves of and I'm especially someone his family doesn't approve of. He's what my mom would call low class and have nothing going for himself.. I'm what his mom would call an unappreciated, privileged, rich girl that's escaping from her so called problems. Stereotypes, Smh. He lived on the other side of town and he didn't have much but he had big dreams for him and his family and he made it his responsibility to make sure they got everything they needed. His name is Tyson but known by many as Money and known by my family as Menace. He was a street thug and after I met him, according to my mother and my grandfather, everything about me became a Sin.