Ꭶιи #9

Tyson

I've been calling Kiërra's ass non-stop. After calming down after our argument I realized what I agreed to. I couldn't lose Kiërra. She's the best thing that ever happened to me since I got here. It's been a month and I haven't heard anything from her. Kiona said she has some family problems she has to deal with but I'm really worried.

I heard the door downstairs open and close and the sound of my family echoed through the quiet house. I walked downstairs to see my mom with a stressful look on her face and Tyreek had an annoyed look on his face. I looked at him and he sized me up and down before brushing past me and going upstairs. Tyrone looked at me with a worrisome expression. "What happened?" I mouthed when ma turned around to take off her shoes.

He shrugged. "Long story." Then he ran past me and went to the living to play video games.

Ma walked into the kitchen and rested her bags on the kitchen counter as she sighed. "What's wrong ma?" I asked following her into the kitchen.

"That boy is gonna kill me Tyson." She said turning to face me. She looked stressed and her eyes were tired. "Tyreek just got expelled for selling drugs in school. Drugs! What am I gonna do with this boy!" She stressed as she rubbed her temples. "I work, I put food on the table, I pay for any sports you guys want to do, I give you freedom but nothing ever seems good enough for Tyreek. He's becoming just like your father, selfish and ignorant and with his attitude he's gonna end in a cell right next to your daddy." Her eyes started to get glossy and she squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm trying so hard to be patient with him Tyson, I really am but there's no getting through him. Is it me that's making him act out like this? Am I the problem?"

I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. She started sobbing into my chest. I was mad as shit that Tyreek had my mother stressing over him like this. He claims he's a man but he acts just like a little ass boy. Now he got momma doubting her parenting ways. I should give him a good ass whipping to show him who's grown around here. "It's not your fault he acts this way. He's been like that ever since dad went away. You're trying and that's all that matters. I'll deal with Tyreek and you just get some rest."

She lifted her head off my chest and looked up at me. "What would I do without you Ty," she said wiping her tears and smiling at me. "You are growing up to be a fine young man."

I smiled and kissed her in her cheek. "I love you ma."

My mom was the number one woman in my life. I don't give a fuck who you were, you hurt her, I hurt you.

>>>•<<<

I barged into Tyreek's room just in time to see him counting a large stack of cash. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked angrily.

His head snapped up and he shot me an annoyed look. "Can't you fucking knock."

"You got ma crying downstairs over your stupid ass!"

"No one told her to worry about me," he said continuing to count the money on his bed. "Shit, I'm grown. I can take care of myself."

"You are fifteen years old Tyreek. You ain't grown and if you keep acting out like this they'll take you away from us and put you in a foster home or worst, juvie."

"Whatever." He said brushing me off.

"And where the fuck did you get the drugs from?" I continued. "You know ma is gonna have a hard time getting you into another school with this on your record."

"Look," he said glaring at me. "Mind your fucking business and leave me the hell alone. I don't need to answer to you."

"Nigga, who the fuck you think you talkin' too?" I asked getting in his face. "You think you grown, huh? You wanna be a thug and disrespect momma? Them niggas who you throwing your life away for ain't finna have your back when shit goes down. They ain't loyal. You just another youngin' tryna fit it. You ain't shit to them Tyreek and the moment you realize that, all your problems will go away." I told him. "We're your family bruh, you need anything we'll give it to you. We the ones who care about you not them, not no female but us."